Shure se215 question
Jul 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Faythae

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of these thanks to recommendations here. While the sound is really good I noticed that the sound will distort at times at around 75% volume when my old pair didnt. The thing is it doesnt always happen. Is it a defect or do I just need time to burn them in? Thank you.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I recently bought a pair of these thanks to recommendations here. While the sound is really good I noticed that the sound will distort at times at around 75% volume when my old pair didnt. The thing is it doesnt always happen. Is it a defect or do I just need time to burn them in? Thank you.

are you using the same source? same music? ect when in comparison to the old ones?

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 8
Ok well being they are dynamic micro drivers I would say do some burn in. Like 2-300 hours of volume a little louder than your normal listening level.

After that then see if there is still some distortion. If so then I would say there is a problem. You might not need that many hours of burn in but I would just be sure.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #7 of 8
I was thinking the same thing about low quality files as I have a dozen or so youtube rips. I found some lossless files instead and some files corrected the problem whike some not. It seems ilthe problem only occur on very low frequency bass notes

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #8 of 8
I was thinking the same thing about low quality files as I have a dozen or so youtube rips. I found some lossless files instead and some files corrected the problem whike some not. It seems ilthe problem only occur on very low frequency bass notes

I would definetly try burnning them in then. You can always call up shure adn see if they will do smoething about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back