Shure SE215 or Westone W3?
Nov 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tehsprayer

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_42869_Westone-3-W3-Professional-Triple-Driver-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphones.html
The Westone W3 are on for a decent deal for around $240 shipped to Canada (with black friday discount).

or I could get the Shure SE215 from varies places in Canada for $99.99

Currently I have the S4 and looking for more SQ and just a better overall experience. I am a high school student and ride the bus, so lots of isolation would be nice. I nice clean and tight bass. The Klipsch S4 are ok but the bass is a bit muddy and the clarity isn't that great.

I may wait until black friday to get the Westones for under $200 if they go on sale.

My question is should I fork out another $140 for a marginal better quality or just get the SE215 which are easier to get and are a lot cheaper.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 12
Personally I would say the W3 are a lot better. They're a former flagship item vs the entry/mid level SE215's. The 215's are a good value with good durability and isolation. The 215's have good bass/mids and really rolled off top end. The W3 are V shaped with a lot of treble energy and bass, especially midbass. The W3 are durable and isolate almost as well. Mids on the W3 are lacking a bit.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 12
Whatever you do DO NOT BUY THE SE215. They have amazing sound quality, however, their durability is horrific. I am currently on my fourth pair through warranty, they break with light use. Please do not buy them. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 12
  Whatever you do DO NOT BUY THE SE215. They have amazing sound quality, however, their durability is horrific. I am currently on my fourth pair through warranty, they break with light use. Please do not buy them. 

Seriously? You must have really bad luck or you don't treat your IEMS well.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 12
It's not really a common complaint so I don't know why you've had problems. I brought mine to the gym several times a week and never had an issue. I'm wondering if it was a problem with the connector which was a problem with early batches. Pretty sure it was fixed a long time ago though.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 12
Both has a bad treble. W3 is more interesting with better soundstage. W3 can playe hard and fast music (e.g. hardcore, speed metal), while se215 can't. W3 is little more comfortable, SE215 sounds good only with foam tips (olives). I like both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back