Shure SE215 or UE 600s (superFi. 5vi)?
Apr 29, 2011 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

enclavebob

New Head-Fier
I need some help deciding between these headphones. I can get both of these for the same price but needed some advice. I'm not really crazy about bass but i just want it to be there, and noise isolation is quite important for me. The thing that bothers me about the SE215 is that i have to wear it around my ear, and that doesn't really seems all that attractive to me. Any help on this would be nice. 

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 10
I agree with Cifani090. These days I'm looking harder at Shure than I am Ultimate Ears. While their custom monitors still look like they're really amazing quality I've gotten really worried with how Logitech has made UE start selling some really low-end IEMs. Plus, Shure headphone cables are user-replacable and if you've ever lost a pair of $100+ headphones because of a bogus cable you know just how great that can be.

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I agree with Cifani090. These days I'm looking harder at Shure than I am Ultimate Ears. While their custom monitors still look like they're really amazing quality I've gotten really worried with how Logitech has made UE start selling some really low-end IEMs. Plus, Shure headphone cables are user-replacable and if you've ever lost a pair of $100+ headphones because of a bogus cable you know just how great that can be.

x2, i lean more towards JH than UE. There is just not the ma and pa feel, that i like. UE is a big company and i like to support smaller ones whenever possible.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 10
The 215 very nice and over ear doesn't really look that bad. If using Bestbuy I believe they have return policy if not check out London Drugs who does. LD also carry Etymotic if you find you don't like the 215.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 10
I'm also trying to decide between SE215's and UE 600's. My main concern is, what would be the main differences in sound moving from a dynamic driver (SE 215) to a single driver BA (600)?

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 10
I bought the SE215's last night. The sound is rich and bassy, and they're great with rock, metal and pop. However, I was disappointed with how they sounded on classical. It just felt like there was a veil to the sound, and the whole range sounded recessed and distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back