Shure SE215 or Klipsch Image S4? Which is the best sub $100 earphone?
Aug 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EntryLevelAudio

New Head-Fier
I am looking on Amazon for some new earbuds. I highly enjoyed the Klipsch Image S4 and even their flagship X10. Both bit the dust and I'm looking for an alternative to Klipsch. Supposedly, the S4 is the best sub $100 earbud, then came along the Shure SE215. Which is the best of the two? Is there an even better bang for your buck sub $100 earphone? Please share your information and experience. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I auditioned both back when I was looking into in-ears. I went with the Shure SE215 because of the great bass and isolation.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better sub $100 IEM.

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah it's probably as good as you'll find for $100. Just make sure you use the cleaning tool that comes with it, sometimes dust can get into the little plastic tubes that hold the earpieces.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 6
215 no question. Not only is the sound great but with the detachable cables and durability factored in, its almost too much performance for price. But the klipsch cost about half the price and are VERY COMFY and sound relatively good (they can get muddy at times, soundstage is just decent, and highs dont sparkle). i wont be able to give a solid review of the 215 as i dont own it, but ive heard GREAT THINGS. so definately if u are choosing between those two, go for the 215 :)
Hope this helped
Nusho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back