Shure SE215 no bass?
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #77 of 121
Now, that's a rumor that got stopped dead in its tracks!  :wink:

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #81 of 121

Quote:
But don't you find the memory cable to be kinda stiff and annoying? Because I do... 

I just remember it as something really thick. And durable.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #82 of 121
hi all - i've just purchased a set of se215s and have also found that there seems to be a significant lack of bass. i've A/B'd them with a variety of different models, both in-ear, ear buds, etc. and there is a clear drop-off in bass response from about 200Hz (approximately). wondering if there was a bad batch of drivers...

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #83 of 121

Quote:
hi all - i've just purchased a set of se215s and have also found that there seems to be a significant lack of bass. i've A/B'd them with a variety of different models, both in-ear, ear buds, etc. and there is a clear drop-off in bass response from about 200Hz (approximately). wondering if there was a bad batch of drivers...

I think the problem with all those not getting bass is an unfamiliarity with getting a fit with over the ear sets. This leads to a lack of seal, and bass. Saying the SE215 has no bass is simply incorrect.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #85 of 121
...which is what leads me to believe there's something wrong. the fact that it's on both sides is what's weird, though. i've experimented with all the different earpieces with no improvement. fwiw -  i've been comparing them to my sennheiser cx300s and shure e3s, and there's a HUGE difference in bass response.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #87 of 121
mabey you are mistaken for sub bass and midbass????

May 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #88 of 121
FWIW - i returned my se215s for a new pair, which work fine. the bass is amazing, in fact. i'm assuming there was a problem with the drivers; given the fact that the problem was in both ears, it's possible that there was a defective batch.

May 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #89 of 121
I just got my SE215 and all I can say is WOW,  I'm using the small Foam tips and the seal and comfort is perfect, who ever say there is no bass present should have come from some Beats by Dre or something similar, the bass is perfect in the 215, not too much not to little,  I tried the Monster,Klipsh S4 and Bose IE2 and I could not stand the bass overpowering in those. I'm in love with my new SE215.  And one more thing, do not try to hear the bass, bass is meant to be felt more than heard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back