Shure SE215 no bass?
Mar 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #35 of 121

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have not A/Bed the two, though foam tips are known to provide more highs and lows, coloring the sound a little. 

From my personal experience, foams have always made the sound smoother (roll's off the treble a bit). The bass quality is also reduced imo as it losses some punchiness. This is basically my experience with iems like the MG7's, SE530 and TF10. I don't like it at all.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #36 of 121

Quote:
From my personal experience, foams have always made the sound smoother (roll's off the treble a bit). The bass quality is also reduced imo as it losses some punchiness. This is basically my experience with iems like the MG7's, SE530 and TF10. I don't like it at all.

Silicon ftw! I could never have got foams to fit my ears... 

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #38 of 121
i'm a foam person. Although i can use silicone, i find foam a lot more comfy and isolating.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #41 of 121
When I first started wearing IEMs with the SE210 the only tips I could get to fit were the tri-flanges.  They definitely isolate great.  Now though I definitely prefer the olives.  I couldn't tell you the sound difference but they isolate nearly as well as the tri-flanges.  I find them much more comfortable now.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #43 of 121
Hi, I've gotten these 215s myself, any advice on burn-in? Like I'm using the disc that came with it, (or should I say from the shop), white noise, pink noise, and a drumbeat file I found off burninwave.com. Is there anything I should know so I don't mess my phones up?

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #44 of 121
Play some music for an hour or so.  I didn't find that the 215's benefited much from break in beyond the first hour or so.

YMMV :)

Quote:
Hi, I've gotten these 215s myself, any advice on burn-in? Like I'm using the disc that came with it, (or should I say from the shop), white noise, pink noise, and a drumbeat file I found off burninwave.com. Is there anything I should know so I don't mess my phones up?

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #45 of 121
Just bought a pair of SE215s and been listening to them a couple of hours, mostly on public transport.

My initial impressions are:
Positive: Awesome isolation, very comfy, very full and deep bass.
Negative: Very warm sound, fluffy bass, SERIOUS lack of detail in the highs, general "veil" in upper mids.

This is based on just a couple of hours though, and compared directly to my Denon D2000s (listened to during the day in the office).
The Denons are more defined in the bass and have FAR more presence and detail in the upper mids and highs.
Don't know if it's a fair comparison, and these are my first IEMs. I bought them at a bargain, and my main objective was isolation for flying and PT. I think they fit the bill for that, but they are not audiophile to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back