Shure SE215 no bass?
Jan 13, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #106 of 121
Bought these a couple of weeks ago. No bass.
I saw video on inserting, pushing in as much as physically possible. No bass.
Checked for genuineness - all good, but doesn't help with bass.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #107 of 121
I also got the SE215 recently because I dropped and lost my beloved SE530's :/ The SE215 sound horrible in comparison, they produce no bass *at all*. I thought they might be broken, the lack of bass is so apparent. My other daily IEMs are Earsonics SM64 and Klipcsh X12i (btw these are really good value if you want good bass, easy fit and really good isolation with default silicone tips)

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #108 of 121
Yea I made this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5nu11j/my_take_on_the_shure_se215_vs_1more_triple_driver/ and some people are saying that these are very bass heavy, but I get the complete opposite. The highs are very loud and apparent, there's some bass for sure, but these from my perception are NOT bass heavy.

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #110 of 121
Very surprised that some people find that here is no bass.

Have you guys tried silicone triple flange tips?

I've owned shure's se535ltd; heir audio 5; noble 6, lcd2 and now lcdx, and I think these have bass. Clearly don't compare to the really expensive gear, but these things are less than nighty quid. I would easily call his earphones dark.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #112 of 121
I had a chance to try out the SE210 and compare it to the SE215. The difference - at least for me - was actually the fit. The angle that the earplug has in regards to the case is better with the SE210 - I can insert the plug much further into to ear and thus achieve a much better seal, resulting in better bass (it still is NOT definitely bass heavy, but at least you can hear the bass notes). With the SE215 the plug runs too parallel to the case, I can't insert it as deep and the seal is clearly lacking compared to the SE210. Case solved for me. Look for the SE210 as used, if you like a good, cheap IEM. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #114 of 121
I've used these for about a year now, and I've gone through the medium tips they supplied originally and purchased a pack of genuine foam tips to replace them.

The fit of the tips makes a massive difference to the bass in my opinion and oddly the original ones supplied were better. However, as they get old they seem to lose their ability to seal in the ear and replacing with the new ones made a massive difference.

I don't find these to be bass heavy, but quite natural in their overall sound.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #116 of 121
Just received my SE215 and.......no bass. My apple earbuds that came with my ipod have SUBSTANTIALLY more bass. I'll mess around with the different tips but it doesn't look promising.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #117 of 121
I've heard these headphones many times. To say they are lacking bass would not be a fair statement, but I'm also not clear what are you comparing them too. These headphones for the money are pretty solid. To be clear, I tried the 215 Blues.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #118 of 121
I thought I was pretty clear.
My Apple ear buds have more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back