Shure SE215-K or.....Q-Jays again?
Jan 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sokudoningyou

New Head-Fier
I didn't really find a post that can answer this question well (not surprising, considering the Q-Jays are well past discontinued), but I need some opinions.

I had a pair of Q-Jays that I bought in 2008 that lasted until about late 2012, when one of the wires finally pulled out.  I picked up a pair off Amazon (new, from Canada), and had problems in the right ear develop about five months later, so I had to return them and got credit.   But I did love them: they're small, I enjoyed the sound (I used them with a Cowon X5, and then an X7), and well, mostly I just loved how small they were and well they fit.

But, ever since I returned the last pair, I've been using cheap Koss Plugs, and I really want to get a decent pair of IEMs again.  I found a seller on eBay who just posted an unopened pair of black Q-Jays (which seems surprising), but the lowest I can get them down is $200.  That doesn't seem like much of a deal, considering how long they've been discontinued.  On the other hand, I was going back and forth over either getting a pair of Shure SE215-Ks (a replaceable cable sounds great, considering how my first Q-Jays died), or a pair of VSonic GR07 (and even then, not sure if I'd go with the BE, or MKII).   I listen to different music types that don't often get mentioned (video game soundtracks, 80's pop and new wave, anime, gothic rock) so from reviews here, I'm also not sure which ones would even work best.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 3
The q-jays and se215 are almost on the complete opposite ends of the sound signature spectrum. If you want the sound signature of the q-jays there are a fair amount of IEMs that use its driver (twfk) that are affordable and under $200. If I recall v-sonic makes a couple of twfk IEMs that are quite small and affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back