Shure SE115
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ja jay deeeeEEE

New Head-Fier
I have been using Bose IE now for 1year and i felt like upgrading, so i went and picked up some se115's. Can anyone tell me if the se115's need 'burn in' time as i find the bass lacking quite abit. I have already got a good tight seal with memory foam tips but they seem inferior compared to my Bose IE. I find that the se115's preform well when listening to music such as Adele but when i play something like kasabian the se115's just get tinny and distored. Have i been spoilt with my Bose or should i burn in my se115's?

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the SE115 and I say you will have to burn them in. Took me 2weeks (not sure how many hours) now it sounds good. BTW I listen to mostly jazz. The bass is there but the sub frequencies is not that prominent. The mids are the strong point for this IEM.

Just my 2cents

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 4
They're dynamic drivers, for which the benefits of burning in are debatable.  I had those exact IEMs a couple of years ago as my first set of good IEMs, and I enjoyed them, though the bass was a little weak for my taste, too.  Though I feel like the bass in my current S4s is better, more present, I liked the SE115s better overall.

I have to agree with mark...the bass in Bose 'phones is typically exaggerated.  Give your ears a few days to burn in and the IEMs 50 hours or so, then see if they fit your listening style better.  You should start to pick up on more subtle differences in bass frequencies than you did with the Bose--that's something I felt like the 115s did pretty well.  If you still don't like'em...send'em back and try again!  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back