Shure se115 cable splitting
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jolness

100+ Head-Fier
The shielding on my shure se115s (dont judge they were a gift, and while the sound signiture isnt perfect, they arent too bad honestly with a bright source or amp.
I haven't used them in a few months, found them and noiced a small split in the shielding.
My question is 4 fold.
1) Can they be dissasembled and recabled easily? (i was thinking maybe some westone style plugs or se 215 plugs
2) If so how?
3) Should I even be doing this?
4) If not, where can i get these recabled with some decent (nice quality nothin crazy, these things were only 99ish MSRP afaik) nylon or braided cable?

Thanks,
J!

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 2
  The shielding on my shure se115s (dont judge they were a gift, and while the sound signiture isnt perfect, they arent too bad honestly with a bright source or amp.
I haven't used them in a few months, found them and noiced a small split in the shielding.
My question is 4 fold.
1) Can they be dissasembled and recabled easily? (i was thinking maybe some westone style plugs or se 215 plugs
2) If so how?
3) Should I even be doing this?
4) If not, where can i get these recabled with some decent (nice quality nothin crazy, these things were only 99ish MSRP afaik) nylon or braided cable?

Thanks,
J!

i would try BTG_Audio, i dont know for certain these can or cannot be recabled, but if he can do it, its around 45.00 and he does excellent work...just google btg_audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back