Shure SE 535 Reds Sennheiser IE 80 Westone 4-R ???
Jul 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #46 of 95
Why that case, do the UE 900s not come with a pretty nice case, and that is a bit on the baby blue side.  Kind of a feminine blue, if I were to get another case, would probably be a pelican type case, I really did like the case that came with the Westone 4Rs.

Something kind of like this - http://www.opticsplanet.com/pelican-micro-case-series-dry-boxes-1010.html?gclid=CLnu2YOzt7gCFYie4AodEloAuQ&ef_id=UcJxWgAABTlYcn6h:20130717204635:s

But the case that comes with the UE 900s isn't very reliable, or opens too easily?

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #47 of 95
Quote:
Why that case, do the UE 900s not come with a pretty nice case, and that is a bit on the baby blue side.  Kind of a feminine blue, if I were to get another case, would probably be a pelican type case, I really did like the case that came with the Westone 4Rs.

Something kind of like this - http://www.opticsplanet.com/pelican-micro-case-series-dry-boxes-1010.html?gclid=CLnu2YOzt7gCFYie4AodEloAuQ&ef_id=UcJxWgAABTlYcn6h:20130717204635:s

But the case that comes with the UE 900s isn't very reliable, or opens too easily?

More like it's a fingerprint magnet, and you can't lock it.  My link was just an example.

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #49 of 95
Quote:
Yeah thats what I thought, I went with the Pelican Micro 1010 Blue. So should ha e the UE 900s in next week some time, what do suggest burning them in on and for how long, what volume?

I burn mine in for 12 hours at 60% but didn't noticed any difference.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #51 of 95
Quote:
Really, that is all, because I have read for others you should burn for like 30-50 hours?

Not really, because it depends on what headphones you are talking about.  Most IEMs are easily driven, so about 24 hours is the norm.  Other full size headsets may require 3 to 7 days, some even longer.  The UE900 on the other hand require way less, and some even said it requires no burn-in at all, which I do agree.  What I normally do is to listen to the IEM new as is for an afternoon, then leave it playing over night and big pair of next day at above normal volume.  After that I will listen to it again to see if the sound changes, and if does, then I leave it play some more and repeat.

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #53 of 95
Quote:
Gotcha, thanks for the info.  Any type of sound you suggest playing, like classical, or rock or just what I would typically listen to?

Just your own music will work, no need to look for stuff that you don't listen.

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #54 of 95
Ba drivers theoretically dont experienced change in sound from burn in like dynamic drivers. Some people say the sound changes but having owned 4-5 ba iems I havent heard any observable difference so it may be just the user's brain accepting the new sound signature. I hope you like enjoy the ue900's! There are a couple brand new sealed ones in buysell for ~300, which is a good deal because its hard to find westone4's which are a lot cheaper than retail. I user the triple fi metal case instead of the ue900 one because it looks really easy to scratch and it attracts a lot of fingerprints.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #55 of 95
I wouldn't risk buying the UE900. They're given free when you purchase a pair of the SE846s here in Singapore. Not sure how exclusive is this deal but the pricing hasn't been too good imo. It's like playing with a stock thats going down faster than others. I'm sure u can find a pair of UE900 used at a relatively cheap price.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #56 of 95
That deal must be at a very individual store, because I just spoke with Shure Corporate USA and they in no way are offering Logitech UE 900s free with the purchase of SE846s.  It is very possible that a local dealer that is for whatever reason not selling a UE900 is giving them away with a SE846, but Shure themselves would not be just offering a direct competitors product with their own for free :).  I looked around a bit on ebay, amazon and googled a bit and they seem to be holding their price pretty firm between $350-$399 if they are in stock.  So just went ahead and ordered from amazon, see how they sound if they aren't any good, send them back and try the Weston 4Rs, and if they aren't good, wait till the SE846 release in the next couple weeks.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #57 of 95

In terms of UE900 offering, it is indeed unique.

But other stores here in my country, singapore are offering amps and other stuffs for preorder of the SE846. Myself I wouldnt buy them full price with the current promos.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #60 of 95
Oh, because in the advertisement I saw $, so assumed it was an an inflated price for some reason.  But yes, in all honesty, the color and reviews that the sound is very fun and different for a very wide array of music from classical to pop was very good.  But thats why I went with amazon, if they are not satisfactory in anyway, back in the box and returned for another pair.  But I do appreciate all your advice.  I did notice you own the IE8s, if these are not to my satisfaction, I believe they will be the next pair I go with, since Sennheisers have been the only quality audio devices I have owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back