Shure SE 215's compared to Shure SE 210's
Apr 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

monkeygirl351

New Head-Fier
     Well I am new to this forum, but have been using Shures for a several years. I had the E2C's,  and currently the Se 210's. I love the sound of the Shures and have tried other brands but not been happy. Anyways, what has happened to both these IEM's is that the cords start to shred at the ear piece. This happens after about 3 years of near daily use, so I guess that is good although annoying. Right now my Se210's have electrical tape holding the cord on the right ear piece together. They haven't started sounding bad, but it is only a matter of time before they go out. I spent about $150 on them at Fry's 3 years ago and they were worth it.
   I am looking at the Se215's and the Se315's currently. I really like the replacable cord idea as I replaced the extention once on my current Shures as the straight plug got bent when I had my ipod in my pocket. I am also excited about the extra bass of the Se215's as that is one thing i kinda miss is the slight lack of bass with the Se210's. They are very clear though in other respects. The price of the 215's is very appealing although I am worried that I am downgrading. The price of the 315's is a little much though and I don't know if the 100 dollar difference is worth it.
  I listen to music mostly on my ipod touch, ipad and computer. I listen to mp3's encoded between 192 minimum up to 320. I don't want an iem that is going to highlight all the flaws in my music, but I have listened to good earphones long enough that the cheap sonys ect don't do it anymore. I am wondering if I should go with the 215's because i would like the extra bass or the 315's because of the different driver. I listen to rock, heavy metal, punk ect if that helps. I also have some acoustic music so vocals should be clear too. Also are the Se210's and the Se215's equivelent as i can't find this info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back