Shure olives
May 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #61 of 84
ShureFoamSleeveMAINMEDIUM.jpg

black-olives.jpg

May 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #64 of 84
I'd guess a month plus...they seem to hold up pretty well.

May 11, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #66 of 84
It depends how often you clean your ear canal (and the foam) and how much earwax you produce during use.

May 11, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #67 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read they last for a few months.

They last as long as your ear canal stays clean. Ive had the same pair on my UM2's and SE530's since I bought a pack at least 2 months ago, and they feel and appear exactly the same as the day they were put on.

May 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #69 of 84
By white silicon I guess you mean the hard, clear rubber? How do you find the normal black silicon? And I'd say go olives* with E2c -they are easily stretched to fit & make the phone sound as good as it's going to get w/ whatever tip IMO...

*from iDealsound on Ebay (DiscountHeadphones on web).

May 11, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #70 of 84
love the olives.
i went through countless tips, flanges foams and all, modified, washed and in combination, and the olives best them all.
all it takes is a wipe with a damp cloth every now and then, i am on my same pair as 4 months ago, and they are holding up fine.

May 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #71 of 84
Is it possible to buy a pack of them with two of each size, so you can try them out and find which ones suit your own ears? Where, and at what price (if possible)?

May 13, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #73 of 84
@ Solan - AFAIK you can't buy olives in different sized pairs. But go by your usual tip size: unless you have enormous ear canals, large olives will simply be too big. Mediums are the usual all-rounder, with small for those blessed with tiny canals.

@devotee - yes, easily. The best (ie cheapest) is from Ebay seller iDealSound (in US but free shipping anywhere) but other UK web companies like AdvancedMP3players & iHeadphones (both excellent) have them. Or I believe you can buy them from Shure UK.

May 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #74 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Solan - AFAIK you can't buy olives in different sized pairs. But go by your usual tip size:

Ah ... but I'm a tip virgin. I've just bought IEMs for the first time (Atrio M8), but have yet to pick them up.

May 13, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #75 of 84
Wait until you pick up the Atrio before choosing olives...I think probably medium will suit as it is the all-rounder of the three sizes, but once you've tried the Atrio tips you'll have a better idea of your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back