Shure Olive in small
May 24, 2011 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kelz12

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just recently bought a pair of S4i's and I have read many good things about the foam tips.  I was looking something that was a bit more comfortable if possible, and mainly something that isolated a bit better than the stock silicon tips that come with the S4i's.  At first I stumbled across the comply tips and I like everything about them except how often they have to be replaced, this of course brought me to the Shure olive tips.  Based on the general consensus I went with the medium size and quickly found out they were way too big for me.  I then exchanged them for some small tips and I just received them today, and it seems even the small tips are a little too big for me still.  I can get them in my ear with a little work, but they don't seem to isolate any better than the silicon and I can't comment on comfort because I haven't had them in long enough to notice any discomfort. 

So my question to you guys- Would it be possible to trim a little bit of material off of the foam tips?  Would this sacrifice some of the integrity of the material?  If not, is there anyone out there who has done this, and what did you use and how did you use it?  I don't want to have to buy some different tips, I do know that the monster supertips come in XS but I believe they are also $40 and thats more than I would want to spend on some tips.  So if possible I would like to keep the Shure olives in small and maybe trim them down to be a little bit smaller so they will go a little bit deeper into my ears, because as of now they stick out much further than my stock silicon tips and this is partially why I feel I am not receiving the amount of isolation that I should be. 

Thanks in advance guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back