Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Nov 1, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #5,267 of 6,081
Does anyone make a KSE1200 protective case yet? Seems weird Shure don’t themselves!

Even just a neoprene sleeve the right size would do me, but all the ones online are more for phones so they’ll be a big gap at the bottom.

Maybe I’ll have to my sewing skills going!!

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #5,268 of 6,081
Does anyone make a KSE1200 protective case yet? Seems weird Shure don’t themselves!

Even just a neoprene sleeve the right size would do me, but all the ones online are more for phones so they’ll be a big gap at the bottom.

Maybe I’ll have to my sewing skills going!!
I use the zippered sleeve that comes with the Sony WI-1000X. Even has a tiny pocket inside for the ear tips and interconnect. Just for the earphones though, as the amp goes with the DAP.

Attachments

• AD5FB7B3-5103-49E9-A1DF-8FEB0EC30B0B.jpeg
    AD5FB7B3-5103-49E9-A1DF-8FEB0EC30B0B.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 1, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #5,270 of 6,081
Thanks, but I mean more a tight fitting sleeve to have permanently on the amp to protect jt in every day use - like the leather one for the KSE 1500 something
Ah, for the amp itself! Shure doesn’t have a case for it? No wonder why I’ve seen someone prop it up with foam in the KSE1500 case.

Nov 1, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #5,271 of 6,081
Hi all, I thought I’d check in to re-affirm my love for the KSE1500. I’m using it with Hugo2 and 2Go and Snugs custom shells. Quite simply, nothing I have owned or heard comes close to the incredible quality I am hearing. I’ve tried to replicate the sound from full-sized headphones, and after owning or trying many high-end set-ups, including HD800, Utopia, SR009, LCD-4, Sonoma M1 among others, I have accepted that nothing offers the incredible full-range and perfect balance of the Shures, especially with the Snugs. Because I couldn’t find a full-size ‘phone to compete, I even sold my TT2 and M-Scaler.
I could have saved myself a small fortune by not eternally trading-in, but at least I finally realise that what I have will not be bettered (for me, anyway).
So, my recommendation for anyone on the fence about the Shures is to avoid costly interim purchases and go straight for the best (imho, of course 😊).
Cheers,
Tony
if you are using them with hugo 2 as I do then you are better off with the 1200...

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #5,273 of 6,081
Hi all, I thought I’d check in to re-affirm my love for the KSE1500. I’m using it with Hugo2 and 2Go and Snugs custom shells. Quite simply, nothing I have owned or heard comes close to the incredible quality I am hearing. I’ve tried to replicate the sound from full-sized headphones, and after owning or trying many high-end set-ups, including HD800, Utopia, SR009, LCD-4, Sonoma M1 among others, I have accepted that nothing offers the incredible full-range and perfect balance of the Shures, especially with the Snugs. Because I couldn’t find a full-size ‘phone to compete, I even sold my TT2 and M-Scaler.
I could have saved myself a small fortune by not eternally trading-in, but at least I finally realise that what I have will not be bettered (for me, anyway).
So, my recommendation for anyone on the fence about the Shures is to avoid costly interim purchases and go straight for the best (imho, of course 😊).
Cheers,
Tony

I have similar experience. I recently tested couple of over ears like Hifiman Arya, Final D8000, Stax SR-L700mk2, HEDDphone One and to be honest I wouldn't trade KSE for any of those. The closest thing is HEDDphone which is quite impressive. It's flatter in the frequency, very quick and resolving but sounds thicker and fuller in general however it needs a strong amplifier, it's extremely heavy and uncomfortable after 1 hour on head. KSE feels more precise and punchy at the same time it's more forward so it's more engaging as well. HEDDhone is more neutral but meatier like a dynamic driver headphone.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #5,274 of 6,081
Following my earlier posts comparing to KSE1200 to U18T...... having been out for a couple of windy walks / walks in the rain with my hood up, these are so much more practical!!

Can barely hear the wind, and don’t get loads of noise when my hood runs against the IEM / cable.

Still yet to switch back to U18t for the deciding vote - will do in a few days :)

I only wish the amp had Bluetooth built in. It’s the only thing holding me back from calling it perfect from a practical standpoint, as I need to have a dongle dongling around!

Although once the volume is set louder than needed, I can just stick it away in my coat pocket and just use the iPhone for the last bit of volume control down and up from the “a bit too loud” setting, in case a quiet track comes along.....

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #5,275 of 6,081
I only wish the amp had Bluetooth built in. It’s the only thing holding me back from calling it perfect from a practical standpoint, as I need to have a dongle dongling around!

if Shure offered a BT amp with LDAC, I'd buy it right away. This is the dream.

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #5,277 of 6,081
I’m using one of those myself :) Really no difference vs Mojo Poly with Tidal streaming from IPhone

Just need to find a good cable and way of attaching it. Just ordered one of those stretchy card wallet things that you stick to a phone, i reckon it will slide in nicely....

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #5,279 of 6,081
Defo... if you are talking about KSE1200, I found a super tight fitting leather cigar case style pen holder that covers the side of the button, and you need to make a slight effort to turn it from the top.

Still dont understand why Shure haven't got a case for it, doesnt even need a cut out for display / side buttons.....

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #5,280 of 6,081
Does the volume knob adjusting itself annoy anyone else? I need some way to secure it when carrying in my pocket. Seems like a case would solve this.
Ha ha same thing happens to me. I mentioned it on here a few months ago but apart from a bit of light hearted ridicule I didn’t get a response. I’ve literally just ordered a KSE1500 case direct from Shure for £36 and I’ll pack the bottom out to account for the difference in size. Im hoping that’ll do the trick so I can enjoy these more on a long walk with the pooch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back