Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 19, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #5,237 of 6,067
New to the KSE1500, using line in from my dac. Using the grey (is that “olive”?) tips right now, and find that the treble doesn’t extend enough (violins missing the high harmonics, and cymbals sound muted). Is the grey tips known for little treble, or is that how the KSE1500 is?

(I do have a lot of good things to say about the KSE1500, but I need to get the treble out of the way :) )

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #5,238 of 6,067
New to the KSE1500, using line in from my dac. Using the grey (is that “olive”?) tips right now, and find that the treble doesn’t extend enough (violins missing the high harmonics, and cymbals sound muted). Is the grey tips known for little treble, or is that how the KSE1500 is?

(I do have a lot of good things to say about the KSE1500, but I need to get the treble out of the way :) )

The Olives aren't the best tip for treble extension (no, the KSE isn't missing this). For me, the most treble-y are the yellow foamies or Spinfit

Oct 20, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #5,240 of 6,067
I don't think there anything out there in terms of IEM that can touch the KSE1200/KSE1500 in regards to speed. That is impressive considering I also own both Stax SR-001 MK2 and the SR-003 MK2

How do KSE generally compare with 003mk2? Worth x4 price hike?

Oct 20, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #5,241 of 6,067
My KS1200s will arrive in a few days (I couldn’t resist the prime days deal). What do you guys use to keep these beauties safe? Any case you can recommend for these? I took a look at this thread’s gallery and found some great ideas but would love to see some more pictures to keep the hype alive :)

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #5,242 of 6,067
My KS1200s will arrive in a few days (I couldn’t resist the prime days deal). What do you guys use to keep these beauties safe? Any case you can recommend for these? I took a look at this thread’s gallery and found some great ideas but would love to see some more pictures to keep the hype alive :)

Congrats! That was an awesome deal.

The square, zipper case that they come with works well for me. It's a little on the big side, but I know they're well protected.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #5,243 of 6,067
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Passport-Expansion-10000mAh/dp/B072HJ4FTX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=UGREEN+HD+2.5''&qid=1603272232&sr=8-1

I use this, its an external hard disk case which is rigid and internally padded and is large enough to store and protect both the IEMs and the amplifier and also has a net pouch to store (in my case) a CCK and Dragonfly Cobalt DAC, if the connection cable you use to connect the amplifier to your source is flexible enough (mine isnt unfortunately) you could store that in the pouch.

It originally comes with a padded flap between the two sections which I simply cut out to free up a little bit more space.

Works a treat, big enough so that the equipment isn't squashed but tight enough so it doesn't slide around inside.

IMG_3931.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #5,244 of 6,067

Though on the bulkier side, this solution can comfortably fit the KSE1200, a mid size DAP like the PAW6000 as well as various connectors as needed.
B7A47073-0CBE-4A3C-BC42-05DC9F649870.jpeg

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #5,250 of 6,067
I use the mojo, I keep getting tempted by the poly to add to it. What do you use?

This is my work setup. Love it! Such a tight, portable hi-fi system. Use command strips to stick the amp and Moly together cleanly. The high price of the Poly blows, but worth it for me in the end. My only contention has been Chord has never delivered on Casting for Google/Android devices, but I have a secondary iPhone that I can AirPlay to the Poly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back