Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #2,611 of 6,081
Asking this again cause no one has replied if they are experiencing the same issue. Your help is much appreciated in oder that I know if I should contact Shure or not as I have previously sent my unit back before.
Anyone using theirs with the iPhone 7 via included lighting to micro USB provided?
I am using this set up now and I can hear minute pops (it isn't part of the song) with my set up. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,612 of 6,081
Asking this again cause no one has replied if they are experiencing the same issue. Your help is much appreciated in oder that I know if I should contact Shure or not as I have previously sent my unit back before.
Anyone using theirs with the iPhone 7 via included lighting to micro USB provided?
I am using this set up now and I can hear minute pops (it isn't part of the song) with my set up. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Do not think we are ignoring you but you are in the minority using the KSEs built in DAC. I have emailed MCoupe as I know he uses your set up when flying to answer your query.

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,613 of 6,081

Mmm....found my shure lightning to micro usb (black interconnect) and plugged the KSE to iPhone 7 Plus. Fired up Tidal. No popping sounds or anything abnormal-sounding. Adjusted volume from soft to very loud. It sounds normal to me.

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #2,614 of 6,081
Mmm....found my shure lightning to micro usb (black interconnect) and plugged the KSE to iPhone 7 Plus. Fired up Tidal. No popping sounds or anything abnormal-sounding. Adjusted volume from soft to very loud. It sounds normal to me.

Glad you got it working for you! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #2,615 of 6,081
As my good Friend Spook mentioned, I have no popping sounds with the iPhone 7 plus going straight into my KSE energizer.  

If you continue to have an issue, you may want to look at your cable.  

Good luck.

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #2,616 of 6,081

What app do u use on ur ip?
Does it allow to change buffer value? If yes, try it bcs it'll help

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #2,617 of 6,081
Last night I listen to the KSE for 5 hours, lost track of time, today I'll pay for it at work.

I look forward to the future where such sound is the standard and more importantly can be produced more affordable and as a result sold cheaply to the masses.

Without doubt the best Iem available in the market, second to nothing.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,619 of 6,081
I look forward to the moment it can be sold without that crappy cable...

Michael,

Unfortunately that will never happen for a myriad of reasons. As Jude stated in his video the cable itself was a serious engineering breakthrough to allow for the split at the Y to a round cable to go around the ears. Also, if Shure did reengineer the cable I doubt we current owners would get one for free and as much as I do not like the cable the thought of ponying up another $2,000 for a cable is a touch cost prohibitive.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #2,620 of 6,081
Michael,

Unfortunately that will never happen for a myriad of reasons. As Jude stated in his video the cable itself was a serious engineering breakthrough to allow for the split at the Y to a round cable to go around the ears. Also, if Shure did reengineer the cable I doubt we current owners would get one for free and as much as I do not like the cable the thought of ponying up another $2,000 for a cable is a touch cost prohibitive.
I am working on it in my secret underground lair.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #2,624 of 6,081
Mm,,for future version of the KSE, what are the chances that Shure will sell a new and better amp/dac for the KSE earphone? Retaining the earphone Seems desirable (and less expensive) upgrade path for existing owners.

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #2,625 of 6,081
Mm,,for future version of the KSE, what are the chances that Shure will sell a new and better amp/dac for the KSE earphone? Retaining the earphone Seems desirable (and less expensive) upgrade path for existing owners.
Yes if the DAC was excellent we could just use a tiny transport like the Shanling M1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back