Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Feb 1, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #1,516 of 6,085
The only badly built part in the entire system is the earbuds which looks cheap for their price. Im guessing they needed a non metal shell that's hollow for the air to be moved which resulted in what we have now. Everything else to me is quite up to standard or better then those of a 1k + earphone. Though seriously I think you should at least try it once in proper working condition before giving it up.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #1,520 of 6,085
It's good enough to block ambient but can't do anything at the level of say subway. Also unless they let you try using foam tips,the normal silicon ones don't block that much sound and have a slightly boomier sound

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #1,521 of 6,085
I am very disappointed with the KSE1500 and i will not buy it anymore.
I went to the London show and have tried for 40-50 minutes, both USB and 3.5 mm cable with various sources. I think their unit was faulty as there was lots of constant interruptions in the sound,and the volume was very weak.
The guy who is the biggest Shure representative in the UK did apology to me many many times and even handed to me his business card to email about this situation.
Which i did but he wasn't bothered to email me as promised.

So how long ago was this listening session that you didn't get an email back after? Over the weekend? Was there a promise of when you'd receive the email? If not, the lack of a reply on the first business day after a weekend show seems like a non-issue. Not hearing back within a week, eh, that'd be mildly annoying but I'd just politely follow up.

I mean let's be honest, you were also the person on the thread most impatiently asking for reviews. Repeatedly...

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1,522 of 6,085
The only badly built part in the entire system is the earbuds which looks cheap for their price. Im guessing they needed a non metal shell that's hollow for the air to be moved which resulted in what we have now. Everything else to me is quite up to standard or better then those of a 1k + earphone. Though seriously I think you should at least try it once in proper working condition before giving it up.

I second your point. Everything is great for me except for the wires and how they go over my ears. It sucks that shure would not make it detachable/ upgradable. I need to use the clip to make hold in place, otherwise it would kind of uncomfortable sway even while sitting and turning my head. The fatigue for me becomes noticeable because the thick wire over the ears irritates me a bit after an hour or two of listening.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #1,524 of 6,085

^ After reading all the impressions, I came to the same conclusion. I'm still going to try and hear them one day, but the price is the limiting factor. I would only want to spend the money if its an end game IEM. Big soundstage, works for all music, etc. To add to that, the clunky portability is just too much to sacrifice for a tiny $3K speaker. Hopefully, the price will adjust in future offerings or as time goes by. I appreciate all the impressions. It's been very helpful. 

As with the above post, everything is subject to change without notice. 

I truly believe this can be an end game however it will not have a big soundstage. It has an airy presentation and is capable of giving good space between tracks. 

End of the day it is a 3K product, I expect nothing less than what the KSE has to offer, infact I should be expecting more, I am finding myself giving too much of an easy time on expensive product. 

I am very disappointed with the KSE1500 and i will not buy it anymore.
I went to the London show and have tried for 40-50 minutes, both USB and 3.5 mm cable with various sources. I think their unit was faulty as there was lots of constant interruptions in the sound,and the volume was very weak.
The guy who is the biggest Shure representative in the UK did apology to me many many times and even handed to me his business card to email about this situation.
Which i did but he wasn't bothered to email me as promised.

So how long ago was this listening session that you didn't get an email back after? Over the weekend? Was there a promise of when you'd receive the email? If not, the lack of a reply on the first business day after a weekend show seems like a non-issue. Not hearing back within a week, eh, that'd be mildly annoying but I'd just politely follow up.

I mean let's be honest, you were also the person on the thread most impatiently asking for reviews. Repeatedly...

When is about business for me it doesn't matter, he said that will reply same day.
I am not going to chase emails from him.What made me think he will keep his promises was how embarrassed he was when we had the above mentioned problems.
If i was him i would have fixed this straight away without lying. But losing one customer doesn't matter to them as you can see for yourself.
My note : when i do business no matter the day it is.
I always put the buyer first no matter what : that's your Musicday !

And final : at the asking price you would have asked for reviews yourself, but luckily i did it for you.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,526 of 6,085
I have both and my view is that the KSE1500 is better for all 3.

I agree with that. I got the 846 too for a while and its no way no matter how much you amp and dac it outperform the KSE1500.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #1,527 of 6,085
I have both and my view is that the KSE1500 is better for all 3.

I also had the Layla until very recently (it broke and I'm not sure I'd buy from A&K again now that I know what their support is like) - again my view is that the KSE1500 has better separation, detail retrieval and a more lifelike sound. I think the Layla has a wider soundstage though (possibly because the earpieces extend so far outside the ear).

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,529 of 6,085
From IE800 with Hugo up to the KSE1500, you find improvement thats quite decent. But once you use KSE1500 for say an hr, you find it hard to go back. The KSE1500 is just so refined that moving up feels natural while moving back down feels wrong.

And today I tested my DacPort with the KSE1500. Its actually damn good. Its a much more dynamic dac. Makes KSE1500 really exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back