Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #3,376 of 6,080
Thanks @csglinux. I will check it, too. Looks that might fit my needs. Did you try it yourself with KSE1500? Oh, and I am using my LG v20 as a source. I replaced the battery with a 10500 mAh one. Unfortnately the LG V30 battery cannot be replaced, which means I will keep the v20 long as possible.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,380 of 6,080
My portable system ( A&K SP1000SS + SHURE KSE1500 + MandarinES Symbio N eartips) just got upgraded with a BRIMAR OmniKing 16x cable.

The sound change is subtil (the Labkable is already a very good cable), but noticeable :

It cannot really be described by terms such as "better bass" or "better soundstage" but rather by "more emotion in the music" and more "be there". I know this is not very scientific terms, but this is how I will describe the improvement.
The result is more "musical and enjoyable, with a fuller sound and (may be) more details"

So the improvement is noticeable, but... I can't honestly say that it is worth the price difference because of the very high price of the Brimar Omniking 16x.

10067894.jpg

Note: the BRIMAR cable has direction which have been preset during the cooking process: the 3.5mm connector with BRIMAR's logo is recommended to plug into the source side

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #3,381 of 6,080
My portable system ( A&K SP1000SS + SHURE KSE1500 + MandarinES Symbio N eartips) just got upgraded with a BRIMAR 16x cable.

The sound change is subtil (the Labkable is already a very good cable), but noticeable :

It cannot really be described by terms such as "better bass" or "better soundstage" but rather by "more emotion in the music" and more "be there". I know this is not very scientific terms, but this is how I will describe the improvement.
The result is more "musical and enjoyable, with a fuller sound and (may be) more details"

So the improvement is noticeable, but... I can't honestly say that it is worth the price difference because of the very high price of the Brimar 16x.

10067894.jpg

Note: the BRIMAR cable has direction which have been preset during the cooking process: the 3.5mm connector with BRIMAR's logo is recommended to plug into the source side

Nice looking connector! What does that Brimar 16x cable cost? (Their website shows no products available under the "connectors"section.)

Also, I'm curious how a cable like this can have a direction. How are the electrons going to know which way they're flowing? Can anybody explain that?

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #3,382 of 6,080
Nice looking connector! What does that Brimar 16x cable cost? (Their website shows no products available under the "connectors"section.)

Also, I'm curious how a cable like this can have a direction. How are the electrons going to know which way they're flowing? Can anybody explain that?

PM Sent...

Feb 10, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #3,383 of 6,080

If only that was the only thing that need explaining.

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #3,385 of 6,080
@Mimouille how do the westone star tips sound compared to the spin fits?

I will try the spin fits today.
fingers crossed I really hope it eliminates the sibilance issue with me.

last time i've tried the spin fits if i'm not mistaken is with the sony EX1000, though this one has a 6k peak it did put them off but making the presentation dull and sounded lifeless to me

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #3,386 of 6,080
@Mimouille how do the westone star tips sound compared to the spin fits?

I will try the spin fits today.
fingers crossed I really hope it eliminates the sibilance issue with me.

last time i've tried the spin fits if i'm not mistaken is with the sony EX1000, though this one has a 6k peak it did put them off but making the presentation dull and sounded lifeless to me
Hum, I don't have all of this with me, and haven't tried in while, as I use custom tips, but they were comparable soundwise, with the Westone being a bit more easy to fit.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #3,390 of 6,080
finally was able to get westone tips.. fit was the best I've tried. but still there was sibilance.

you should try the MandarinES Symbio N eartips

IMG_7004.jpg IMG_7001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back