Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Jan 24, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #2,734 of 6,080
Do not forget to give them at least 50 to 100 hours of burn in time so that the silicone channels can be properly accustomed to transmitting sound.

Gotta get oiled up?  Otherwise, this is a mystery to me!

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #2,738 of 6,080
I second Roscoeiii's recommendation. The slight warmth of the Mojo pairs wonderfully with the KSE. Also, Rob Watts of Chord Electronics design ethos, namely, accurate transient response is exactly what the KSE's electrostatic aim to deliver.

When I tested my KSE1500 combine with Mojo, it did not impress me much. Will test ot again bcs "new sound" must be enough time to be familiar with.
Owning AK120ii and still confusing that am I wrong when didnt buy a AK100ii + Mojo (at apprx cost).

Ak100ii, to my ears is warm and large sound stage, which is good for ksa/kse

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #2,739 of 6,080
The Sensaphonic custom tips are fantastic. You don't realize how much your missing with out a proper seal. The s's sound much better. The sound is much more natural and less artificial. The sound is fuller, more bass, and more comfortable. I probably would have sold these if not for the custom tips.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #2,740 of 6,080
The Sensaphonic custom tips are fantastic. You don't realize how much your missing with out a proper seal. The s's sound much better. The sound is much more natural and less artificial. The sound is fuller, more bass, and more comfortable. I probably would have sold these if not for the custom tips.

Nice to "hear" from another Sensaphonics experience similar to mine. Happy listening.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #2,742 of 6,080
Ear tip for kse1500, I test stock (all kind), Spinfit cpm800, and all tip that comes with Nuforce HEM4.
Best one for me is rubber (?)(silicone?) one of HEM4.
Best feeling with softness, fit and isollation.
About sq, treble is abit less than cpm800 but more than all stocks one.
Bass kicking better than foam matterials, good detail. Reason is better damping and less absorbtion? May be.
About mid, it is about the same as when use black stock foam.
Sound stage is biggest. Usually stock foam from Shure is best in this term, but this time it's NOT. Cpm800 is narrowest.

>>>I vote for eartip comes with Nuforce hem4.

*one characstic of cpm800 is crystial clear treble and tight bass but unluckily my left ears cant feel it as same as right ear can. My right ear can feel a diamond-like treble when a bit leaning eartip to make a tiny gap (that bass is still alive not to die by losing/leaking air). If my left ear can feel the same to right I will stay with cpm800. This phenomenom doesnt happen to any eartip other than cpm800.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #2,743 of 6,080
Today listening at high volume and distortion happen.
I found reason is Limitter = On.
I didnt know how it works until now. It is a function to cut input signal to a level that cracking sound will not happen.
But, actually it is quite bad thing of this product. If Shure changes it to LR balancing then it wont be a crap as now

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #2,745 of 6,080
Stupid question: How to feed Kse1500's amp by balance signal from AK's trrs 2.5mm port?
I search GG and find some connectors as adapter 2.5 to 3.5 jack.
Does it really feed hot/cold signal to kse's amp or just a way to connect? I think NO.
I guess like headphone case, the same happen if plug a headphones jack 3.5mm trs into that adapter: hot/cold signal doesn't send to hp voice coin (just send to hp jack ?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back