Shure E530 cable quality?
Oct 24, 2009 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I don't think there has been any recent threads on the old cable issues with Sure recently and as i have the E500's they finally gave up the ghost recently whilst on vacation and wire finally gave out on the left channel and is now intermittant. (out of warranty for reference)

I still love the sound sig of these iems and oddly enough still prefer the sound sig over the Sennhieser IE8s i have and am contemplating investing in another pair of the Shure 500 series!

So i just wanted to know a few things really if any one out there knows?

1) Has the current E530 stock rectified the cable quality issue that my E500 had.

2) Does anyone happen to know when and if Shure are bringing out a new model to replace the E530's at all and a BIG if - Shure are considering incorporating a detachable cable design like other iem manufacturer's seem to have the common sense to do like my Senn IE8's have.

If any one can help out on those questions i would be very gratefull....

Cheers
wink.gif

p.s. Even though i know the Comply 400's do, Does anyone also know by any chance wether the older Shure E2C yellow foam tips happen to fit the Sennhieser IE8's at all ? ; )

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 6
I read somewhere in these threads that Shure has re-formulated the cables to redress the cable splitting problem. I've had my SE530's since June of this year and not experienced any problems with them.

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 6
Send them back, they will replace it for free.
Mine was out of warranty and i sent it in along with my Credit card number expecting them to charge my at least the flat rate but they replaced it and did not charge me 1cent.
i dont think the cable quality changed, but the new extension cord was less stiff than my old one.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read somewhere in these threads that Shure has re-formulated the cables to redress the cable splitting problem. I've had my SE530's since June of this year and not experienced any problems with them.

Thanks there, i will try and hunt down that thread, re-surring to know they have possibly changed the properties in the material of the cable.

Still wish they had the sense to design detachable cable for reassurance sake, as if i re-invest in a pair i want piece of mind knowing i can change cable any time for what the E530's cost!

Still enjoying your E530's Iponderous?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send them back, they will replace it for free.
Mine was out of warranty and i sent it in along with my Credit card number expecting them to charge my at least the flat rate but they replaced it and did not charge me 1cent.
i dont think the cable quality changed, but the new extension cord was less stiff than my old one.

Hi NYcdoi,

Wish that was the case, but i did not mentio i have been through all the channels for that all ready, but i am based in the UK and is different to you guy in the states, after a tug of war Shure distrbution UK ofered me an exchange for my E500's for £120 that i did not have at the time really.
They was out of warranty, which to me is irrelevant as this was a know manafacturing fault to Shure anyway which should of been dealt with regardless of warranty, which did put me off Shure a bit until i realised on here that we get treated different in the UK through Shure UK distribution arm to what you guys in the US do directly with Shure.

Guess Shure can't afford to p*** off consumers in their own back yard with the amount of customer base they must have in the States.

Thanks for the advice though ; )

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 6
I've has the SE530 for about a year and a half, bought a pair of Sennhieser ie8's at the airport today because the left earphone on the SE530 sounds like its broken on the inside, it only works when the cable is at certain angles. 

I guess with the new 535's you wouldn't have anything to worry about seeing as they have replaceable cables.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 6
The cable on my E530 kicked the bucket also, right at the plug.  I took them to my friendly local sound gear ship (Sound Hounds, Victoria BC), and they reterminated them.  All good, back in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back