Shure E500's Now Shipping
Jul 28, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by puttingdog
Did they put up any for display? that's awefully close to my place too...
blink.gif

Well, they are sitting on the bottom shelf where all the headphones are. They do have I guess on the end/side display at the end of the isle with all Shure products hanging including the Shure cellphone/music phones.

I guess you can say I picked up the box, held it in my hands ($499), and said, nope, I just moved in my new house 3 weeks ago.

Jul 29, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
SWEEEEETT!!! My E500's are shipping today!

bluegirl.gif

Pete - UM56 = $200 right?

Phoenix Hearing Instruments
Westone Elite Series and Universal Series in-ear musician’s monitors.

Phoenix Hearing Instruments
Unit 6
49 Butterfield Street
Herston QLD Australia 4006
Tel: +61 7 3852 4622
Fax: +61 7 3852 4633
Only AUD$120 for UM56 down under.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #48 of 57
Is anyone going to be interested in selling off the PTH adaptor? I would love to have the PTH but cant afford the 500 bucks for the E500's

Just wondering....
600smile.gif

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #49 of 57
There is a review over at ilounge HERE

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
There is a review over at ilounge HERE

: sound with detail and clarity equivalent to Etymotic’s ER-4Ps, plus added bass that is both noticeable and natural rather than boomy or otherwise exaggerated.

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

drooling....maybe i should get rid of some rigs at my bottom....
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jocke
and as i bonus i got the PTH for free
etysmile.gif

I may be wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware the E500 is only available with the PTH module at the moment, so all orders will be shipped with one.
I could be wrong, though.

Jul 29, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #53 of 57
There is a great picture earlier in this thread showing the E500 along side a UM 2 and how they are very similar in size and shape. I would be very interested in seeing a picture of the E5 right next to the E500 if anyone has made the transition. I am trying to determine if my custom ear mold on my E5's will possibly fit the E500's when I get them.

If someone can post a picture, that would be appreciated.

Paul

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #56 of 57
Curse you Head-fi. I have been tuning my ears for the past week with CREATIVE ZEN AURVANA and PANASONIC RP-HJE50S to get use to having something in my ears. Well the Panas went back the day I told everyone that there were E500's at Fry's. The Creatives sound better all around (natural/neutral). The Panas had more bass impact with just a slight recess in mids.

As you know I stated that I moved to a new house a few weeks ago and just did not want to buy the E500's even though I had them in my hands 2 days ago. Well (crying inside), I could not resist and just got home from Fry's in Plano, TX with guess what, yep the E500's. I will be testing to see if can justify the price of $499 + tax. I can afford them but just like spending my money on other things.

So I will give myself a week or two to enjoy them before or if I decide I can't justify the price. I do have my Koss Pro4 AA T's and the AKG K 701's.

Curse you and sorry about my own wallet.
frown.gif

FYI! I reported Fry's had 6 the other day, but when I walked in today they had 4 left, so there are some happy Head-fiers out there. Now they have 3.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
I may be wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware the E500 is only available with the PTH module at the moment, so all orders will be shipped with one.
I could be wrong, though.

You are correct. For now the E500 is only available with the PTH accessory included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back