Shure E4C - Reviews, Opinions & Ramblings Thread
May 19, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #31 of 370
04Eph: I'd reccomend the Karma (who'dathunkit)- that EQ really helps everything with, well, everything
icon10.gif

May 19, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #32 of 370
I'm confused...I ordered mine at Earphonesolutions a few days ago, and they are now saying that the E4c won't be until available until mid June and the E4 not until July. How are you all getting yours already then?

May 19, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #33 of 370
just got my e4c...have been listenin to them for an hr or so...i prolly need more time to burn them in but i kno yall dying for some first impression so here it is....again..this is just a quick impression...i'm playin this through gen4 30 gig ipod photo unamped...

i can only compare it to my e2c...the highs are so much more clear than the e2c...when i read reviews that say e2c are muddy and highs are a lil rolled off i didn't kno what you guys were talkin about...but now i been listenin to the e4c...i noticed how rolled off the highs for e2c are....i can hear a lot more details in the highs that i either never noticed before....good separation and not as muddy

bass is more clear and controlled...at least as much bass as the e2s if not more...very familiar sound as the e4s follow the shure house sig...listenin to piano on e4 are pretty damn crazy...

that's it for now...need more time for burn-in...so back to listenin

May 19, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #34 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagger333
just got my e4c...have been listenin to them for an hr or so...i prolly need more time to burn them in but i kno yall dying for some first impression so here it is....again..this is just a quick impression...i'm playin this through gen4 30 gig ipod photo unamped...

i can only compare it to my e2c...the highs are so much more clear than the e2c...when i read reviews that say e2c are muddy and highs are a lil rolled off i didn't kno what you guys were talkin about...but now i been listenin to the e4cs...i noticed how rolled off the highs for e2cs are....i can hear a lot more details in the highs that i either never noticed before....

bass is more clear and controled...at least as much bass as the e2s if not more...

that's it for now...back to listenin

Nice, as much bass as the E2C but more controled? If that is the general concensous of critics & members on Head-Fi these things are going to be crazy popular. The E3C was/is crazy popular in the headphone market & it doesn't have that all advertisable bass punch that the E2C does. If the E4C has that punch, man, soo many people are going to want them. Bass sells.

May 19, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #36 of 370
Honestly, i found e3c to be more bassy than e2cs, I used to own both. I'm so eager to see a comparison between e4c and er4p/s. If e4c delivers satisfying sound without an amp, then I'm definitely selling my er-4p.

May 19, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #37 of 370
dk123,
Are you sure you're not talking about the e4's (black-as opposed to the E4C's-white)? What I've read from other threads, including a letter from Flavio at Earphonesolutions, is that they had to get their E4C stock from another source to satisfy the pre-orders, but I didn't think I read that the E4C's delivery would extend to mid-June for those ordering the day of release (05/16). I know the E4's are set to start delivering June 7th. If you ordered those, you may be looking at mid-June.
Dean

May 19, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #38 of 370
dk123,
Sorry, I misread your earlier post. Please ignore my comment about E4's vs. E4C's.

May 19, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #39 of 370
Quote:

i can only compare it to my e2c...the highs are so much more clear than the e2c...when i read reviews that say e2c are muddy and highs are a lil rolled off i didn't kno what you guys were talkin about...but now i been listenin to the e4c...i noticed how rolled off the highs for e2c are....i can hear a lot more details in the highs that i either never noticed before....good separation and not as muddy

bass is more clear and controlled...at least as much bass as the e2s if not more...very familiar sound as the e4s follow the shure house sig...listenin to piano on e4 are pretty damn crazy...

That does it for me
eggosmile.gif

Waiting for my paycheck and for the black version to start shipping
cool.gif

May 19, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #40 of 370
Apparently, I missed out on getting in on the first shipment, so I will have to wait. No big deal I guess, though I was looking forward to getting them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose
dk123,
Are you sure you're not talking about the e4's (black-as opposed to the E4C's-white)? What I've read from other threads, including a letter from Flavio at Earphonesolutions, is that they had to get their E4C stock from another source to satisfy the pre-orders, but I didn't think I read that the E4C's delivery would extend to mid-June for those ordering the day of release (05/16). I know the E4's are set to start delivering June 7th. If you ordered those, you may be looking at mid-June.
Dean

May 19, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #41 of 370
Quote:

Just got my replacement E5 (due to some minimal damage to plug) and I have to say they sound identical to my old E5 from the second I plugged them in but I could've swarn my E3 had burn in. Was it in my head? Do the E4 have burn in?

May 19, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #42 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by dk123
I'm confused...I ordered mine at Earphonesolutions a few days ago, and they are now saying that the E4c won't be until available until mid June and the E4 not until July. How are you all getting yours already then?

I ordered mine on May 1. I may be among the last to receive theirs in the first shipment as I live in Australia. Still, it builds the excitement.
etysmile.gif

May 19, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #44 of 370
I just got mine and am listening right now with the foamies and an ipod mini with no EQ. Burn in Schmurn in...I will tell you how they sound.

I also have only heard the E2C as far as canal phones. They are more detailed than the E2Cs and there is better separation with various instruments going on at once. I don't think it is really called soundstage, because the sound is still in your head, but you can differentiate the different sounds.

I wouldn't say they have more bass, but it is definitely cleaner and crisper rather than the bloated bass in KSC-35s.

An Ety 4 comparison would be great to comapare the bass and detail.

edit: The title says rambling, so I will ramble. Listened to Peter Gabriel - Don't give up, Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence, Everclear - Wonderful.

I could not believe the detail in The Sound of Silence. With my Senn 580's it sounds good, but they sound like they are singing a ways a way. with the e4cs it sounds like one of them is singing in each ear.

May 20, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #45 of 370
Does anyone have accurate timescales for shipment times internationally (i.e. the UK)? I am impatiently waiting for mine to come (they shipping Wed Morning).

Also are international shipments trackable.... I think I read somewhere that they werent, but again I dont really remember this. If so, how have people got their tracking codes?

I really want someone to compare them to E3s E5s and ER4s... I understand some of the people have limited knowledge of canal phones and its difficult to describe the difference between E4s and E2s as the huge jump probably isnt much disputed. Are these comparable to E5s? Do these finally offer the detail of the ER4s but with the more-fun Shure sound-signature?

I cant wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back