Shure e3c for $100. Good deal?
Aug 24, 2008 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sa_ill

Head-Fier
Hey
I'm currently using Sennheiser CX300. Want to upgrade. I listen to mostly classic rock like The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppellin. Progressive rock like Pain of Salvation, Dreamtheatre etc. Maybe a little country music and also a little hip hop.

I'm getting the Shure e3c for about $100, will it suit me and how much difference will it make from the CX300? I'm looking for audiophile like quality.

Aug 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 19
I'm in New Zealand. We've got even less choices than you do, actually, judging by what my friends brought back from Dubai. Also, that's what online retailers are for, eh?

Edit: Hey, isn't my location on my mini profile thing? Or can no one else see that?

Aug 25, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Hey, isn't my location on my mini profile thing? Or can no one else see that?

I can see it.

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 19
well....my question was....are these earphones good for the type of music I listen to?.....and also consider I've been using the CX300 for about 2 years now?...What difference will I feel with this upgrade...noticible difference?

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #10 of 19
There should be a noticeable difference. Better controlled bass, more detail in the mids and highs. But then, most upgrades (and this surely counts as one) will give you a step up from the CX300s. They're not bad, but they're super-entry-level.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should be a noticeable difference. Better controlled bass, more detail in the mids and highs. But then, most upgrades (and this surely counts as one) will give you a step up from the CX300s. They're not bad, but they're super-entry-level.

Thanks..

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 19
For one thing, your ears will require serious acclimation. The sound of the CX300s is excellent in their own way but since you are accustomed to them, when you put the Shures in they will seem very week in bass and the highs will seem extended too much. Not to worry, though, just give the Shures a couple days usage and you should begin to hear amazing detail and tightly controlled bass.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #13 of 19
I personally wouldn't recommend the Shure E3 for the kind of music you listen to. I used to own a pair, before I moved onto the E4 and later Westone UM2, and you will find the bass quite lacking. For $100 you could do a lot better. In fact, if IEMs are not a must, I'd recommend the inexpensive Koss KSC35s or 75s over the Shures. They will be better value for money and a lot more engaging to listen to.

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #14 of 19
Shure e3c for $100 is an OK deal, not particularly a good one. IMO, It would be a good deal if it is $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back