Shure e3c for $100. Good deal?
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 19
What kind of player will you be listening to them with? I found my Shure E3's a bit thin sounding with iPod products -- this could be a factor with your music preferences. I did find that foamies helped (me, anyway), and I found that the Shures worked better (again, for me) with players that EQ'd well (something iPods aren't known for). The Shures certainly fit and isolated well, using the foamies -- which is always a good factor in one's listening enjoyment. Will you need or want good isolation?

I recently tried Comply foamies on my Creative EP-630s ... admittedly, I'm a fan of foamies -- some people are not -- but I liked the way they sound, for the low price, plus they now isolate more and the fit is more consistent and comfortable than with the also-comfortable silicone tips. What I'm saying is you can find a "new" sound for less than $100, and you can also probably do better than E3's for that same $100.

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 19
Well....already bought them.....and yes....I do miss the bass that I got in the CX300....I sounds just OK right now...but many reviews tell me the sound is going to improve after 10-15 days....is it true?

Otherwise I feel its a rip off

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #19 of 19
E3c is pretty bad actually. They are probably the earphone that turned me off of Shure products. Very muddy and have no highs to speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back