Shure E2c soft sleeves coming 2/15/05!
Feb 12, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #91 of 291
I just got my tips in the mail from shure.

So far, I am using the small ultra flex tips. These tips are very snug to get on. I think its cause of the suction effect that is created when the material enters the canal. So far the small insert rather well into my ear cannel.

I do not know comfort level yet, I am going to gauge that by wearing these for a few hours today. Sound wise... it believe its on par with the small fomaies that I use. I can hear outside noise a tad more, so I believe these do not provide the same isolation the foam does, I will report more on this as well.

will keep all updated...

Feb 12, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #93 of 291
Hi there,

I'd like to have 2 pairs of smalls and mediums please. I'll be having them shipped out to the UK (unless they end up more expensive than in the UK with the shipping, which is not likely with our extortionate prices)

I've just officially upgrading myself from lurker to fully fledged poster! woo

Feb 12, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #94 of 291
MD1032 Could u change my 3 smalls. to 2 smalls and 1 medium, just to be safe
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #95 of 291
ANNOUNCEMENT: Update

sleevechart4.jpg

As for uk'ers I will be happy to ship to the uk, again, as long as you pay for the international shipping. I'm sure it won't be expensive anyway, but if it is, I will have to ask you to pay for it.

I am currently in contact with a Shure representative and have sent an e-mail to a Shure dealer who has expressed to the representative that he/she is willing to organize this for me. In that case, there is the potential for greater savings on these tips. Also, he/she will be able to get these shipped out a lot faster than me I can assure you.

Right now we're looking at about $2.49 for the tips unfortunately, but I am confident that the Shure dealer I am contacting may be able to bring the price down even further, and once again you have the benefit of working with someone who is a lot more flexible and is really good at doing this stuff.

I'll tell you who the dealer is and the details once I work things out. I am sure you will all be pleased.

Feb 12, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #96 of 291
Hi, I am a new member and am planning to purchase the Shure e2c Headphones for my Rio Karma. However I read about the new Foam tips or whatever and decided to possibly hold off on the purchase and see how the foam tips go.

I have yet to make my purchase on the e2c thus I am unclear about doing this group buy from the OP. I have read this entire topic and still unsure whether or not to buy the soft tips.

Please advise me, I am already throwing down $60-$70 for the Shure e2cs which is fairly expensive. I've always used the economical $10 ear buds. However, I am a huge music person and I have heard WONDERS about Shure's line of products.

I am very impatient on getting these headphones, but I will wait if I must to be able to get the soft sleeves enclosed with my e2c if reccomended.
580smile.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #97 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiStUrBeD_AzN
I am very impatient on getting these headphones, but I will wait if I must to be able to get the soft sleeves enclosed with my e2c if reccomended.
580smile.gif

This may take a while (a couple of months for sure...). I'd say take some soft sleeves, you may save some $ compared to the regular purchase of spare foam sleeves.

Feb 13, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #99 of 291
UK'ers you're in and I'm willing to ship, so don't sweat!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #101 of 291
could you add a set of mediums to mine also since size may be different

Feb 14, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #102 of 291
Hey there fellas, first post on head-fi, but i've been a long time reader. I have the e2cs and have fairly small ears. Even the small foamies give me pain after some time. Prior to having the e2cs, I had the ex71's, which had small flex sleeves that fit perfectly in my ear. Any comparison of size between ex71 flex and e2c flex sleeves? Regardless, MD, you can put me down for 3 pairs of small soft sleeves.

Feb 14, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #103 of 291
I'm guessing you're like me, monger. The EX71 tips fit me just great but the flex are a really tight fit (though fitting). I'm guessing these new tips will be perfect for guys like you and me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back