SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Jun 14, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #556 of 595
Yeah, no idea what they are talking about. They're wrong.

Sorry, but this is simply wrong. I'm at this very moment listening to music on just the right adapter -- with my beloved SE846 btw:)
Works without any problems. If yours doesn't, maybe you got a TW1? What does the Shure Play app say? If its a TW2 and the right adapter does not work standalone, I'd contact Shure Support.
Newbs. Sometimes they embarrass themselves. :blush:Let's see if they own up.

Jun 14, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #557 of 595
Newbs. Sometimes they embarrass themselves. :blush:Let's see if they own up.
We've all been at a time... but I'd still like to know how his impression came to be. My guess would be that its actually a TW1.

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #558 of 595
Can those be used independently of one another, or are they slaves like the Shure TW2? The Shure TW2 right monitor cannot function unless the left monitor is turned on...therefore you can’t use the right IEM and have the left IEM charging. You have to either have both IEMs in each ear or the left IEM turned on (draining battery) outside the charging case to allow the right IEM to receive sound. This isn’t a workable solution because then both monitors will be dead. You can use the left IEM and leave the right IEM in the charging case...but that doesn’t help you at all. Because once that left IEM loses power, you can’t just pull out the right IEM which is fully charged and use it.

Whoever gave the green light for the TW2 to be mass produced by children in a sweat shop in communist China, is gonna burn in h3ll for eternity
It seems they work independently yes.
Personally I always use both at the same time so it wouldn't matter to me.

Jul 18, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #559 of 595
Also a new user of shure rmce-tw2 together with FiiO FH5

By the way: i was curious if changing the model of the connected headphone in the app is also changinging something else than the volume level so i asked shure and got an answer pretty quick: the presets are only for changing the volume level to comply with the EU regulations in regards of sound presure level (SPL) because of the different impedance across the different shure headphone models. So i guess if someone is using this adapter with headphones from another brand: just select a shure model that is close to the impedance of your IEM

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #561 of 595
Also a new user of shure rmce-tw2 together with FiiO FH5

By the way: i was curious if changing the model of the connected headphone in the app is also changinging something else than the volume level so i asked shure and got an answer pretty quick: the presets are only for changing the volume level to comply with the EU regulations in regards of sound presure level (SPL) because of the different impedance across the different shure headphone models. So i guess if someone is using this adapter with headphones from another brand: just select a shure model that is close to the impedance of your IEM
Sometimes it seems like the EU has a law for everything

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #562 of 595
Has anyone tried these in direct comparison with the iBasso CF01 and / or the FiiO utws5?
I am also very interested in this comparison.
I thought I had read somewhere that the UTWS5's QCC5141 chip had LDAC support, but FiiO has stated that it might be able to support LDAC with software upgrades dependent on Qualcomm... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I currently have the CF01 (uses QCC3020 chip) and they do pair nicely with my ibasso AM05 iems... just slightly too noticeable that they are not as good as with the cables + ibasso DC05 dac dongle. That said, it is lightyears ahead of my shure RMCE-BT1 (which is now a cat toy).
The source I'm using lossless audio files typically 24bit through USB Audio Player android app with the software volume control cranked down to -16 or -20dB (or bitperfect when used with the cables and DC05).

this guy discusses UTWS5 sound here and says it could probably be better suited for cheaper fiio fd3 or fh3 than higher end iems.
he says it is on par or maybe slightly better than CF01 (skip to 9:50) because the adapter has more power.

Personally I think I might use the CF01 until someone comes up with LDAC earhooks.
But I am also very interested in anyone else's experience if they've compared the two.

edit: I found that the (discontinued) ibasso it03 pairs fantastic with the CF01. at this time you can find it03 for less than $100 on amazon.
reviews seemed to suggest the it03 seemed to have sound profile that i suspected would work well for my tastes and CF01 and sure enough, it did. my it03+cf01 will stay attached forever as far as i'm concerned. the tips matter.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #563 of 595
Have had Shure TW2 for about six months. Love it. Also have had FiiO BTR5 (it has LDAC) for about two years and loved that except for the nuisance of dealing with the cable and where to clip the device. SQ of BTR5 is amazing and I sure noticed the relative decrease in SQ with the TW2 when I got it. I've tried to ignore the decrease in SQ because of the amazing conveniences the TW2 offers.

Recently the TW2 went south on me (not physical cable damage but rather left and right stopped connecting to each other -- one would play or the other would play depending on which I had paired to the phone but they wouldn't both play, and the left kicked into Japanese language for instructions).

I'm now waiting for Shure to send the TW2 replacement under warranty, which they've been quite quick about even with the holidays. Should be here in about a week.

After months of using the TW2 but now for the past week being back on the BTR5 with the cable, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY TW2s BACK! Man, what a difference the conveniences make! I'll accept the decreased SQ with pleasure now. (I'll rationalize it like the cold fronts that hit South Florida at times: "At least there can't be a hurricane in the cold weather!")

I still wish they'd come out with a TW3 with LDAC, though. I'd gladly pay $100 more and would be happy with a bit more bulk behind my ear.

Using SE425. (Looking forward to getting SE846 when the next truckload of cash shows up.) And it's amazing what a difference the right tips and fit make! (Using AZLA now.)

Dec 31, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #564 of 595
Have had Shure TW2 for about six months. Love it. Also have had FiiO BTR5 (it has LDAC) for about two years and loved that except for the nuisance of dealing with the cable and where to clip the device. SQ of BTR5 is amazing and I sure noticed the relative decrease in SQ with the TW2 when I got it. I've tried to ignore the decrease in SQ because of the amazing conveniences the TW2 offers.

Recently the TW2 went south on me (not physical cable damage but rather left and right stopped connecting to each other -- one would play or the other would play depending on which I had paired to the phone but they wouldn't both play, and the left kicked into Japanese language for instructions).

I'm now waiting for Shure to send the TW2 replacement under warranty, which they've been quite quick about even with the holidays. Should be here in about a week.

After months of using the TW2 but now for the past week being back on the BTR5 with the cable, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY TW2s BACK! Man, what a difference the conveniences make! I'll accept the decreased SQ with pleasure now. (I'll rationalize it like the cold fronts that hit South Florida at times: "At least there can't be a hurricane in the cold weather!")

I still wish they'd come out with a TW3 with LDAC, though. I'd gladly pay $100 more and would be happy with a bit more bulk behind my ear.

Using SE425. (Looking forward to getting SE846 when the next truckload of cash shows up.) And it's amazing what a difference the right tips and fit make! (Using AZLA now.)
Make sure you ask that truck to swing by my hizzle after he stops at yours, Amigo!

Jan 1, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #567 of 595
I meant the cash truck but those would be great too. I haven’t gotten any Shure gear yet.
:relaxed:

SE846 with TW2 should be pretty sweet. From what I've seen, SE846 gets superb reviews and is, as one person here wrote, GOAT (I had to look it up: Greatest Of All Time).

And TW2 convenience is just, well, I'll have to say, GOAT. As to SQ, it's not as good as the BTR5 but, as one person wrote, it's as close to the BTR5 as anything and is pretty close.

Good luck with trucks. Both of us.

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #568 of 595
20221225_215112.jpg

Alternative for tw2. Wireless charging, AptX adaptive, plenty of power, available in mmcx and 2pin.

Jan 2, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #569 of 595

You won't regret the SE846s. I had (still have) the SE425 and loved them, but ended up getting the SE846... You know, the eternal quest for the next improvement in SQ!😎

They are amazing. Ruined the SE425s for me, which now sound thin and reedy and lacking in bass by comparison. However, I do still use the SE425s now with the RMCE-BT2 in my motorbike helmet. The SE846s are kinda lost in that noisy environment!

Good luck with your funds accumulation...

Jan 2, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #570 of 595
Thanks
You won't regret the SE846s. I had (still have) the SE425 and loved them, but ended up getting the SE846... You know, the eternal quest for the next improvement in SQ!😎

They are amazing. Ruined the SE425s for me, which now sound thin and reedy and lacking in bass by comparison. However, I do still use the SE425s now with the RMCE-BT2 in my motorbike helmet. The SE846s are kinda lost in that noisy environment!

Good luck with your funds accumulation...
Thanks for the advice. I've been looking at the price of the SE846 and think it will be my next treat for myself as soon as the next infusion of funds comes in. Especially when you mention the BT2. If the SQ of the SE425 compares to the SE846 the way the SQ of the BT2 compares to the TW2 then I'm all the more excited about getting the SE846.

And thanks for the good wishes on the funds. I've been struggling for years trying to raise serious money from good people who want to help me do good in the world while having turned down numerous offers for millions from people only interested in what's in it for them. Now it seems it's all about to open up as I'm getting recognized by fund managers for the very wealthy as a force of nature for influencing the use of wealth for good, which should soon lead to funding from good people... and my new SE846! :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back