SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #526 of 595
Hi.

Got the RMCE-TW2. Surprisingly the max. volume is about 1/3 less than running cabled directly to iPhone (US iPhone) with the standard Apple Lightning to headphone jack adapter. Do you guys notice the same? Or is there any volume limit within the EU shipping version of Shure's BT Adapter? (iPhone over here are sold with down limited headphone output as well).

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #527 of 595
Hi.

Got the RMCE-TW2. Surprisingly the max. volume is about 1/3 less than running cabled directly to iPhone (US iPhone) with the standard Apple Lightning to headphone jack adapter. Do you guys notice the same? Or is there any volume limit within the EU shipping version of Shure's BT Adapter? (iPhone over here are sold with down limited headphone output as well).
Make sure you select the least sensitive headphones inside the app, try a few etc. I think the SE215 might be it but not sure.

The Tw1 didn’t have its own volume control separate from the phone volume other than that not sure about the TW2

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #528 of 595
Hi.

While I did not collide with SPL limits you can try to set the IEM that’s connected to the TW2… which IEM do you use? In my case that’s the SE846 and I left the setting in the Shure Play app to SE215

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #529 of 595
Make sure you select the least sensitive headphones inside the app, try a few etc. I think the SE215 might be it but not sure.

The Tw1 didn’t have its own volume control separate from the phone volume other than that not sure about the TW2
Thanx. Yeah the SE215 deliver most juice. I wonder if the selected IEMs influence anything else than level/volume. But still it's about 1/3 less level on the scale.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #530 of 595
While I did not collide with SPL limits you can try to set the IEM that’s connected to the TW2… which IEM do you use? In my case that’s the SE846 and I left the setting in the Shure Play app to SE215
Have you compared with cable connection? I#ve read you've got a EU shipped version as well? I use SE425.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #531 of 595
Thanx. Yeah the SE215 deliver most juice. I wonder if the selected IEMs influence anything else than level/volume. But still it's about 1/3 less level on the scale.
There’s no EQ involved as far as I know.

You could check if the TW2 has a separate volume setting from the iPhone…

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #533 of 595
Ya the Shure are just not loud adapters. I also have the UTWS5s and they are MUCH much louder. The main downside to them is they don't yet have a transparency mode. They just released beta firmware with it and it’s still a bit janky but it’s coming, but I use it all the time so I’m still using the Shure adapters until they fix it.

Once the transparency mode is sorted though I’ll be switching to the UTWS5s imo they are a better product overall. In power alone they will blow your ears at max volume at least with my Fiio FH5 IEMs heh.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #534 of 595
Have you compared with cable connection? I#ve read you've got a EU shipped version as well? I use SE425.
Yes, I bought my TW2 within EU as well. It’s quite some time ago I last used my SE846 with a cable though.

Another thing: you can set the type of device in the Bluetooth settings for each connected device. Try „other“, „loudspeaker“ or „car“ — maybe the limit doesn’t apply there. At least it doesn’t count vs headphone level limits that actively sets volume lower when the SPL total is reached

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #535 of 595
Yes, I bought my TW2 within EU as well. It’s quite some time ago I last used my SE846 with a cable though.

Another thing: you can set the type of device in the Bluetooth settings for each connected device. Try „other“, „loudspeaker“ or „car“ — maybe the limit doesn’t apply there. At least it doesn’t count vs headphone level limits that actively sets volume lower when the SPL total is reached
Thanx, just tried every device type (speaker, car, headphone, ...) in the Bluetooth setting. Had no effect. I guess the Shure Play App sets the power output limit of the TW2 device. SE215 setting provides highest output but still very low compared to cable connection with US iPhone and Apple Adapter. I hoe the EU version is not more limited than US/worldwide (stupid regulations of France).

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #536 of 595
Ya the Shure are just not loud adapters. I also have the UTWS5s and they are MUCH much louder. The main downside to them is they don't yet have a transparency mode. They just released beta firmware with it and it’s still a bit janky but it’s coming, but I use it all the time so I’m still using the Shure adapters until they fix it.

Once the transparency mode is sorted though I’ll be switching to the UTWS5s imo they are a better product overall. In power alone they will blow your ears at max volume at least with my Fiio FH5 IEMs heh.
Interesting. Have you A/B compared volume/level Shure adapter vs cable to your mobile/iphone?

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #538 of 595
Nah I don’t even have the dongle anymore. Wouldn’t use wired anyways.

It’s def much quieter than the UTWS5 though heh.
OK. I’ve to check out the UTWS5 when ambient mode is availabe. You think that should come pretty soon?

Sort of laughable that the two Shure TW2 units seem to deliver 1/3 less energy than the 10 Dollar Apple Lightning / Headphone adapter and its tiny electronics inside.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #540 of 595

Users who are viewing this thread

Back