SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Feb 4, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #541 of 590
it's available now
I wanted to try these out but they're so hard to find and I only see them on eBay which I don't always trust. I understand what people are saying about the lower volume on the TW2 as opposed to using the wire. I have tried the 215 setting and it is much higher but I still prefer the 846 setting cause I feel like I do get a better definition of the musical instruments from all types of music. I've tried other TW earbuds and I believe the TW2 sound is still on par as far as volume level is concerned with those other earbuds. I have an extra set of TW2 with the 215s and even those sound pretty good.

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #542 of 590
I wanted to try these out but they're so hard to find and I only see them on eBay which I don't always trust. I understand what people are saying about the lower volume on the TW2 as opposed to using the wire. I have tried the 215 setting and it is much higher but I still prefer the 846 setting cause I feel like I do get a better definition of the musical instruments from all types of music. I've tried other TW earbuds and I believe the TW2 sound is still on par as far as volume level is concerned with those other earbuds. I have an extra set of TW2 with the 215s and even those sound pretty good.
I had the MMCX version but sent them back bc all of my IEMs are 2-pin except the ier-z1r. My goal was to order the 2 pin version after receiving the refund for the MMCX, but they have not been in stock. I did enjoy them when I had them, but it was not enough to power the z1r

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #543 of 590
Curious anyone know of good place to resell stuff. I was thinking of reselling my extra pair of tw2 with the se425 but I know eBay a percentage of the price. I've gotten so used to listening to my tw2 with the 846 that I just have the others sitting collecting dust.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #544 of 590
Curious anyone know of good place to resell stuff. I was thinking of reselling my extra pair of tw2 with the se425 but I know eBay a percentage of the price. I've gotten so used to listening to my tw2 with the 846 that I just have the others sitting collecting dust.
Why not try the classifieds here?

Jun 11, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #546 of 590
Thanx, just tried every device type (speaker, car, headphone, ...) in the Bluetooth setting. Had no effect. I guess the Shure Play App sets the power output limit of the TW2 device. SE215 setting provides highest output but still very low compared to cable connection with US iPhone and Apple Adapter. I hoe the EU version is not more limited than US/worldwide (stupid regulations of France).
I used an Android volume booster app to help out with this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...d.volume.booster.sound.speaker&hl=en_US&gl=US

Jun 11, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #547 of 590
Too bad those snowflakes at Shure can’t get their heads out of their a$$es and fix the TW2. It’s a piece of flaming dog sh!t because the left IEM & right IEM cannot be used independently of one another. The left one has the receiver in it & the right one relies on the left one to receive packets...therefore unless the left IEM is turned on and draining battery and increasing wear & tear...the right IEM cannot function independently. It is a “SLAVE”

It is Summer 2022 & Shure is still promoting the institution of Slavery

Jun 11, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #549 of 590
I'm an igernat newb, but I am really loving the TW2/SE535 combination for the convenience and superior sound over anything I have tried before.
Agreed. I use my TW2 second gen with the SeeAudio Midnight and they rock. I can also use each adapter independently.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #550 of 590
UTWS5: Good alternative

Attachments

• 20220612_063847_HDR.jpg
    20220612_063847_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #551 of 590
I'm an igernat newb, but I am really loving the TW2/SE535 combination for the convenience and superior sound over anything I have tried before.

Agreed. I use my TW2 second gen with the SeeAudio Midnight and they rock. I can also use each adapter independently.
Same. I think Shure did a great job with these. They are very convenient and just work. Have no issues using with my SE535 or SE846 and certainly have no issues using either the left or right side independently.

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #552 of 590
UTWS5: Good alternative
Can those be used independently of one another, or are they slaves like the Shure TW2? The Shure TW2 right monitor cannot function unless the left monitor is turned on...therefore you can’t use the right IEM and have the left IEM charging. You have to either have both IEMs in each ear or the left IEM turned on (draining battery) outside the charging case to allow the right IEM to receive sound. This isn’t a workable solution because then both monitors will be dead. You can use the left IEM and leave the right IEM in the charging case...but that doesn’t help you at all. Because once that left IEM loses power, you can’t just pull out the right IEM which is fully charged and use it.

Whoever gave the green light for the TW2 to be mass produced by children in a sweat shop in communist China, is gonna burn in h3ll for eternity

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #553 of 590
Can those be used independently of one another, or are they slaves like the Shure TW2? The Shure TW2 right monitor cannot function unless the left monitor is turned on...therefore you can’t use the right IEM and have the left IEM charging. You have to either have both IEMs in each ear or the left IEM turned on (draining battery) outside the charging case to allow the right IEM to receive sound. This isn’t a workable solution because then both monitors will be dead. You can use the left IEM and leave the right IEM in the charging case...but that doesn’t help you at all. Because once that left IEM loses power, you can’t just pull out the right IEM which is fully charged and use it.

Whoever gave the green light for the TW2 to be mass produced by children in a sweat shop in communist China, is gonna burn in h3ll for eternity
Are you sure you have the TW2? If so, you need to contact Shure because this is just not true and your adapters are not working correctly. I currently have just the right ear connected and the left is still in the case. See attached for screenshots from the app showing just right, just left and both. I am currently using a Pixel 6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220613-171728.png
    Screenshot_20220613-171728.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220613-171903.png
    Screenshot_20220613-171903.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220613-171936.png
    Screenshot_20220613-171936.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 13, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #554 of 590
Are you sure you have the TW2? If so, you need to contact Shure because this is just not true and your adapters are not working correctly. I currently have just the right ear connected and the left is still in the case. See attached for screenshots from the app showing just right, just left and both. I am currently using a Pixel 6.
Yeah, no idea what they are talking about. They're wrong.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #555 of 590

Sorry, but this is simply wrong. I'm at this very moment listening to music on just the right adapter -- with my beloved SE846 btw:)
Works without any problems. If yours doesn't, maybe you got a TW1? What does the Shure Play app say? If its a TW2 and the right adapter does not work standalone, I'd contact Shure Support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back