SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Oct 8, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #500 of 590
The Avantree DG80 is what I was using with my other headphones and supports it. Cheap and small too.
Ah, an external dedicated BT audio transmitter. Some of those are pretty good. I have the Fiio BTA30 since it's one of the few (if not the only one) that can transmit LDAC. I hoped you had found a standard PCIe or USB BT adapter that supports more than just SBC, AAC and normal aptX.

Yeah, some low latency mode would be great, whether it's real aptX-LL or other codecs run with lower bitrate and aggressive timings. I've seen some TWS Bluetooth earphones that have a gaming mode that just uses SBC or AAC but tweaks timing, buffers and bitrate to manage sub-100 ms latency while not paying for an aptX-LL license, and working on any old phone or PC. Even just an optional way to attach a wire would be alright. I'd really need some low latency mode available in something before I connect my SE846 to it long term, since I don't want to plug and unplug an MMCX jack on something that expensive daily.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #501 of 590
Ah, an external dedicated BT audio transmitter. Some of those are pretty good. I have the Fiio BTA30 since it's one of the few (if not the only one) that can transmit LDAC. I hoped you had found a standard PCIe or USB BT adapter that supports more than just SBC, AAC and normal aptX.

Yeah, some low latency mode would be great, whether it's real aptX-LL or other codecs run with lower bitrate and aggressive timings. I've seen some TWS Bluetooth earphones that have a gaming mode that just uses SBC or AAC but tweaks timing, buffers and bitrate to manage sub-100 ms latency while not paying for an aptX-LL license, and working on any old phone or PC. Even just an optional way to attach a wire would be alright. I'd really need some low latency mode available in something before I connect my SE846 to it long term, since I don't want to plug and unplug an MMCX jack on something that expensive daily.
Ya that’s exactly my problem. I don’t want to constantly swap to cable because of the mmcx. I’d also just like to be wire free at my computer with IEMs. Just doesn’t seem to be really possible at this point.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #502 of 590
Ya that’s exactly my problem. I don’t want to constantly swap to cable because of the mmcx. I’d also just like to be wire free at my computer with IEMs. Just doesn’t seem to be really possible at this point.
Best I can come up with is Qudelix 5K => short cable that's just long enough to go from shirt collar to ears => SE846. The cable can be plugged into anything, with a headphone extension cable if needed, but I mostly end up just using the 5K since it can do Bluetooth with LDAC and an option for aggressive timing for at least low latency, and can be lagless wired on USB and even works on USB with most current game consoles as well as PCs and phones.

TWS is not yet really a solved problem. Still, is it really that hard to make a TWS adapter that has a couple tiny holes you can plug a standard 2-pin cable into, and wires directly to the IEMs when the adapter is turned off?

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #503 of 590
Best I can come up with is Qudelix 5K => short cable that's just long enough to go from shirt collar to ears => SE846. The cable can be plugged into anything, with a headphone extension cable if needed, but I mostly end up just using the 5K since it can do Bluetooth with LDAC and an option for aggressive timing for at least low latency, and can be lagless wired on USB and even works on USB with most current game consoles as well as PCs and phones.

TWS is not yet really a solved problem. Still, is it really that hard to make a TWS adapter that has a couple tiny holes you can plug a standard 2-pin cable into, and wires directly to the IEMs when the adapter is turned off?
I mean the Shure tws with AptX-LL would be perfect for me and solve basically all my issues

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #504 of 590

The Ananda BT supports LDAC, I wonder if I could use the Fiio transceiver you mentioned to use those with LDAC and tune the timings to be sub 100ms latency on the audio.

Or using that Fiio tune the timings enough to get my Shure TWS working with low latency?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #505 of 590
The Ananda BT supports LDAC, I wonder if I could use the Fiio transceiver you mentioned to use those with LDAC and tune the timings to be sub 100ms latency on the audio.

Or using that Fiio tune the timings enough to get my Shure TWS working with low latency?
I don't know if the Ananda BT supports tweaking A2DP latency, and I'm pretty sure that this is mostly something the receiving device has to do. It's possible to adjust latency *some* on a transmitter, but it's ultimately up to the device how long a buffer it uses between receiving and playing.
I'm pretty sure the BTA30 doesn't have an option in its companion app to adjust latency either. If a device doesn't let you adjust it, the best you can probably do is mess with what codecs the transmitter offers and hope one of them gives lower latency.

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #506 of 590
3 weeks down the line and more than 15 rides after, I must say I am mighty impressed. TW2 has sorted all the issues I had with my TW1. No disconnection issues. New mappable buttons helps in having exactly what you need setup. Pause plus is super. Environment mode is the same but already has been good.

As i expected i am 100% happy with the TW2. I have nothing to complain. Just enjoying every ride so much more.

Thx Shure for a superb setup.

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #507 of 590
I've purchased a TW1 recently and was unable to complete the firmware update from the Shure app. Now I am using UAPP to stream Tidal as my main player and I was wondering: Will not updating to the newest firmware version affect my listening when NOT using the Shure app?

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #508 of 590
There is a 2nd generation TW2 with hardware EQ across all sources and calls in both ears.

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #509 of 590
I've purchased a TW1 recently and was unable to complete the firmware update from the Shure app. Now I am using UAPP to stream Tidal as my main player and I was wondering: Will not updating to the newest firmware version affect my listening when NOT using the Shure app?
As other other guy mentioned, no. The hardware EQ is only available in the TW2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back