SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Sep 17, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #226 of 590
I thought that was the case but assuming is very bad.
Thanks.
Did your battery level become larger over time. Mine was like yours about 8-10% difference between left and right. I did not charge after first day, on second day after listening for few hours left around 50% and right at 1%. I get the master slave deal and wondering if over course of full drain this is just the result, I did listen for eight hours over the two days so I guess no reason to complain, just seems odd that there is so much more charge left in the left ear than right ear. Also wondering if the play app is reporting battery level incorrectly. I had the power on just the left to try and drain it, so could charge together, but turns itself off after about five minutes, so may actually not have level of power that Play app states.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #227 of 590
Update:
I drained both adaptors last night. Curiously, the left adaptor's reported battery life in the Play app was not accurate.
Screenshot_20200814-050807_PLAY.jpg
I charged the case overnight. This morning before work I began charging the adaptors. I checked after 3 hours and the adaptors were fully charged with both showing 100% in the Play app. Hopefully they just needed some time to sync with the app. Will report more findings as they come.
Mine is exactly the same. Tried leaving just the left one turned on to drain it, but turns off after five minutes, so assume it is dead and battery level is incorrect in Play app. My opinion, the play app is only bad thing about this product.

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #229 of 590
Mine is exactly the same. Tried leaving just the left one turned on to drain it, but turns off after five minutes, so assume it is dead and battery level is incorrect in Play app. My opinion, the play app is only bad thing about this product.
In one of plakat post is mentioned there is an update for the Shure app and firmware update 7.9.9 for the TW1:

Improvements
  • Improved pairing experience
  • Improved connection speed
  • Improved battery reporting
  • Bug fixes
Maybe the update will correct the battery level?

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #234 of 590
It seems that when Shure releases an update for the Play app, they bundle the most recent TW1 firmware with it. The app doesn't download new firmwares dynamically.
We'll need to wait for the next app update.

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #235 of 590
Yes you are right

As per one of my contacts at Shure, The 7.9.9 firmware will be in iOS PLAY 2.2.0 and Android PLAY 2.2.1

It looks like it's out on IOS already and Android waiting for approval from playstore

Must be just a few days away.

So guys who have it already, are you seeing any difference at all in any areas?

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #236 of 590
Thats interesting... I was under the impression that firmware is downloaded when available. Interesting decision to bundle it with the app.

To be honest I did not perceive any difference... they now connect within ca. 5sec, maybe a bit less than before. Unfortunately I did not think of measuring that before the update...

I did not see any anomalies with battery reporting (neither before nor after the update), but I don't use them for very long at a time, recharging them in the case in between... so I can't tell if there's asymmetric level reported or if that issue is solved.

Overall I really like the TW1. Moving my venerable SE846 up into the totally wireless age... well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back