SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #242 of 595
Curious if the firmware has made a noticeable difference for folks. Upon powering on, it does seem to connect a bit faster to my iPhone, which is nice. I still tend to experience periodic disconnects, then reconnects, every so often. Somewhat annoying, but quite overshadowed by how positive every other part of using these is.

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #243 of 595
I, too, have the impression that the connection is finished a bit faster, which is welcome. I don’t have any disconnects fortunately, and yes, I love these things :) They sound really good with the SE846.

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #245 of 595
Had these connected to my SE846's and sound is very good, after the update I found the sound will now sync with my MacBook playing video better using Aptx. You can get a Apple developer thing for Bluetooth and force Aptx instead of AAC, this works for other stuff as well like my Naim Nu-So. handy. from the phone its AAC only but all good. only thing I have noticed is the equaliser in the play app seems to have no effect or very little, not sure if the Flac app I use is overriding it, or my ears are mush after too many years at gigs. I even have to set it as Aonic215 to get louder volume.... ouch.

Be interesting to know if other people use the Shure app EQ?

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #246 of 595
Hi, new to the board. Have the Shure SE846 + RMCE-TW1. Subscribe to Amazon Music HD, using iPhone 8.

Really love the sound quality but very disappointed in the Play app for IOS. It seems that the EQ is limited in applicability to only music in the Apple Music (iTunes) library.

Does anyone have a workaround to use it for streaming? Or know of an upcoming fix?

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #247 of 595
Hi, new to the board. Have the Shure SE846 + RMCE-TW1. Subscribe to Amazon Music HD, using iPhone 8.

Really love the sound quality but very disappointed in the Play app for IOS. It seems that the EQ is limited in applicability to only music in the Apple Music (iTunes) library.

Does anyone have a workaround to use it for streaming? Or know of an upcoming fix?

Thanks.

This explains my issue with it I mention in the post above yours, the problem with there own music player is it crashes for me and trys to play DRM stream files that have been download. and I dont want to put none DRM files in there, my flac player has great EQ for that.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #248 of 595
Unfortunately the EQ seems to be implemented in software within the app, not on the headphone (neither on the TW1 not the Aonic 50), so it can only work with music played trough the Shure app.

I never use EQ, so I don't miss it... but an implementation where it's stored and processed on the headphone, regardless of source, would be much more flexible, allowing the EQ Settings to be used even with sources that don't have the app.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #251 of 595
Yep. Pretty sure that setting is stored in the TW1 itself, so it would apply regardless of source.

It absolutely is not. It *should* be, sure. But it isn't. From the app UI: "EQ adjusts your listening profile for your local music library." That is - only for songs played through the Play app itself.

It's trivial to test, you can see it for yourself.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #252 of 595
Unfortunately the EQ seems to be implemented in software within the app, not on the headphone (neither on the TW1 not the Aonic 50), so it can only work with music played trough the Shure app.

I never use EQ, so I don't miss it... but an implementation where it's stored and processed on the headphone, regardless of source, would be much more flexible, allowing the EQ Settings to be used even with sources that don't have the app.

Agreed - inexplicable choice.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #253 of 595
It absolutely is not. It *should* be, sure. But it isn't. From the app UI: "EQ adjusts your listening profile for your local music library." That is - only for songs played through the Play app itself.

It's trivial to test, you can see it for yourself.

Sorry my question which he answered pertains not to the EQ but to the device setting where you select your model. I assume that’s some type of impedance adjustment. I experimented with that on the Amazon HD and that does seem to apply (as well the environment option).

Sep 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #255 of 595
Sorry my question which he answered pertains not to the EQ but to the device setting where you select your model. I assume that’s some type of impedance adjustment. I experimented with that on the Amazon HD and that does seem to apply (as well the environment option).
Exactly. Was referring to the impedance setting, NOT the EQ. Agreed that it would be ideal if both settings were stored on the device though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back