SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Sep 3, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #181 of 590
Does not reflect my experience... I was not expecting good comfort and was pleasantly surprised just as well, but I really do like how they sound with my SE846. I do hear their character just as with the BT2, but with much increased comfort. So overall I'm still very happy with the TW1.
In my case the EQ was already disabled btw, not on+flat. Interesting, but it applies only when listening through the Shure app anyway, so won't matter to me since I regularly use the Qobuz app.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #182 of 590
The main earpiece died from low battery yesterday, started with 25% after 10min it turned off, but well it was the first charge, it might still have to learn its capacity.

To bad only the right one works as a receiver, I often use only one for listening to podcasts.

Also nice, the charger just turns off after the earpieces are full, and doesn't keep them at 100% indefinitely.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #183 of 590
Hows the environmental mode?

These are the first interesting pair of TWS adapters:

They're not ugly and bulky
Great battery life
Ambient mode
Great SQ.

I'll prob wait another generation for Bluetooth 5.2 tho, shame they only work with Shure Earphones tho, and the case is just way too big.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #185 of 590
I had the Aonic 215.1 and they worked great with my 846's.
Since it is logical to assume that the issue was so easily fixed, I am expecting the same performance when I get mine this week.

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #186 of 590
Hows the environmental mode?

These are the first interesting pair of TWS adapters:

They're not ugly and bulky
Great battery life
Ambient mode
Great SQ.

I'll prob wait another generation for Bluetooth 5.2 tho, shame they only work with Shure Earphones tho, and the case is just way too big.

I don’t think they work with Shure in-ears only... you might get problems with the angle of the connector though. Technically they should be usable with anything that has MMCX sockets.

one of the things I like about Shure is that they don’t throw out new products every 6months, so an update might take a while... which is a good thing in my books. And they did most things right, so I think I can live with this version for some years.

the case is not as ridiculously small as an AirPods case, but still reasonable. It looks much bigger in the photos

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #192 of 590
Condition? Hours? Packaging?
You're looking at 900.00 new, you can supposedly get new(other) for 600 on ebay but I wouldn't touch one of those.
If everything is complete and they are in good condition, 500.

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #193 of 590
Condition? Hours? Packaging?
You're looking at 900.00 new, you can supposedly get new(other) for 600 on ebay but I wouldn't touch one of those.
If everything is complete and they are in good condition, 500.
Good deal. Yeah I told him about $600. He has the BT2 and basically all the stuff they came with but them. They’re pretty much brand new. He bought them recently but since the Covid situation happened he lost his job. So it is more a luxury for him right now. Thanks though.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #194 of 590
Yeah, if you can afford the 846's. I find virtually no difference between the 2 except for a bit wider sound stage on the 50's.
Ok, so maybe I have to ask in a different way. :)
Is there a good small alternative to the A50? Probably with the TW1, cause it has Env mode and that's quite nice with IEMs on the streets. Also somehow the same price range?

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #195 of 590
Good deal. Yeah I told him about $600. He has the BT2 and basically all the stuff they came with but them. They’re pretty much brand new. He bought them recently but since the Covid situation happened he lost his job. So it is more a luxury for him right now. Thanks though.
Sounds like a fair deal.

Make sure he gives you the blue, white and black filters and nozzle key (Blue is installed as standard). The filters provide significant differences to sound signature. Experiment and pick the one you like (I prefer the white).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back