SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #121 of 590
Let me guess... you have an open request with Shure support why there is no white version of the RMCE-TW1?
Nah, I'm completely satisfied with black. I dig the subtlety.

Anyways, mine arrived in the mail today with 78% charge. The case arrived with 2 lights of available charge. They were super easy to pair with both my Samsung S9+ and my Dell XPS laptop. Sound quality on my 846's is excellent playing from Spotify and YouTube (not high fidelity sources, but that's not my use case for these). Crisp trebles, clear mids, and luscious bass. Good 'ol 846's.

The environmental listening mode works great at the default setting, with a slight hiss when microphone gain is set to maximum. This mode can also be used simultaneously with playback, which can be useful when trying to multitask. Lack of volume control and track fwd/bkwd are just minor inconveniences so far. I usually don't fuss with the volume once it is set anyway. An audible check for battery life would be a welcome feature. As of now the only way to get battery percentage is through the PLAY app.

After 3 hours of intermittent music listening, YouTubing, and experimenting with Environmental mode on/off, battery life on Left adapter is 67%, Right adapter is 61%. I wonder if environmental mode may have something to do with uneven battery drainage. I'm going to continue listening to music with Environment Mode on until one adapter drains, then charge fully and listen with Environmental Mode off and see if they drain more evenly.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #124 of 590
Just received an email notifying me that they're now on sale in the UK.

Was going to sell my 846s but am tempted to see what these are like for the convenience factor.

Has anyone been able to compare these wiht the TM2 (https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TM2.shtml) - apparently can change from MMCX to 2 pin?

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #125 of 590
Just received an email notifying me that they're now on sale in the UK.

Was going to sell my 846s but am tempted to see what these are like for the convenience factor.

Has anyone been able to compare these wiht the TM2 (https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TM2.shtml) - apparently can change from MMCX to 2 pin?
the case has no battery, micro USB, and it's big. I had to break the case and mod it so it becomes smaller. I do not recommend it.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #126 of 590
the case has no battery, micro USB, and it's big. I had to break the case and mod it so it becomes smaller. I do not recommend it.
wow - that bad huh?

Screw it - I'm going to get it, just t see what they're like...

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #127 of 590
wow - that bad huh?

Screw it - I'm going to get it, just t see what they're like...

Buy the TM2? Why when BT20S Pro is just about ready and does the same thing with a battery inside the case...
1597414234881.png

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #128 of 590

Anyways, mine arrived in the mail today with 78% charge. The case arrived with 2 lights of available charge. They were super easy to pair with both my Samsung S9+ and my Dell XPS laptop. Sound quality on my 846's is excellent playing from Spotify and YouTube (not high fidelity sources, but that's not my use case for these). Crisp trebles, clear mids, and luscious bass. Good 'ol 846's.

The environmental listening mode works great at the default setting, with a slight hiss when microphone gain is set to maximum. This mode can also be used simultaneously with playback, which can be useful when trying to multitask. Lack of volume control and track fwd/bkwd are just minor inconveniences so far. I usually don't fuss with the volume once it is set anyway. An audible check for battery life would be a welcome feature. As of now the only way to get battery percentage is through the PLAY app.

After 3 hours of intermittent music listening, YouTubing, and experimenting with Environmental mode on/off, battery life on Left adapter is 67%, Right adapter is 61%. I wonder if environmental mode may have something to do with uneven battery drainage. I'm going to continue listening to music with Environment Mode on until one adapter drains, then charge fully and listen with Environmental Mode off and see if they drain more evenly.

Does this have multi-point connecting, or only pairing to one device at a time?

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #130 of 590

Update:
I drained both adaptors last night. Curiously, the left adaptor's reported battery life in the Play app was not accurate.
Screenshot_20200814-050807_PLAY.jpg

I charged the case overnight. This morning before work I began charging the adaptors. I checked after 3 hours and the adaptors were fully charged with both showing 100% in the Play app. Hopefully they just needed some time to sync with the app. Will report more findings as they come.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #133 of 590
Aug 18, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #134 of 590
Mine will arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to see how they fit.
The BT2 had a control on the right cord that always rubbed against my head a bit and made the right earpiece slide out of optimal fit.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #135 of 590
My dealer informed me today that the canadian Shure distribuitor he deals with decided not to carry the second iteration of the RMCE-TW1 device for the time being. They were planning to carry the first version, though. This sucks as I wanted this device so badly, to replace my Radsone EarStudio ES100 and the wire associated with it. :slight_frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back