SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #91 of 590
They are supposed to support HD.

But wow FiiO is bringing their own MMCX wireless adapter? Maybe even faster than Shure. But nothing about HD on the FiiO info though.

But they are waterproof, but doesn't help me if my SE846 aren't. :D

Edit: I checked, the FiiO is already available, I could go wireless now and not wait for Shures own solution.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #92 of 590

But wow FiiO is bringing their own MMCX wireless adapter? Maybe even faster than Shure. But nothing about HD on the FiiO info though.

Edit: I checked, the FiiO is already available, I could go wireless now and not wait for Shures own solution.

Shure has a lot to fix. The TW1 was anemic in functionality and features compared to other Bluetooth adapters. It was stated that some had charging issues which was just another problem compounding what they already need to fix. If another solution makes itself available first, I’d say try it. I’ve given up waiting and simply enjoying my wired setup with the DFC.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #93 of 590

Thanks for the FiiO info, I checked the site and one thing to consider (maybe you are already aware) it has only 8 hours play time so you have to always carry the charging cable with you and charge the headset.

That was one of the thing I was not happy with the SHURE - RMCE-TW2 (I always forgot to recharge and when I want to use the bluetooth headset the battery was out. :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #94 of 590
Thanks for the FiiO info, I checked the site and one thing to consider (maybe you are already aware) it has only 8 hours play time so you have to always carry the charging cable with you and charge the headset.

That was one of the thing I was not happy with the SHURE - RMCE-TW2 (I always forgot to recharge and when I want to use the bluetooth headset the battery was out. :frowning2:

There are charging cases though...
1595535522117.png

Though I would want both the TRN/FiiO and Shure to come out with much improved models. :)

Aug 10, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #99 of 590
Well, today Shure announced the Aonic TW series is available again. One imagines they sorted out the problems.
I hope the did. But I’m going to sit this one out for a bit this time and let others try them first. If they don’t sound better than the BT2 then they still have work to do in my book because they need to sound really good when paired with the 846 as the last ones did not.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #104 of 590
In my case I went ahead and ordered with the clear SE215’s, I will use the TW units with my 846’s and keep the 215’s for under my motorcycle helmet (wired to a Sena 50, currently using 535’s but that’s overkill- the harder to drive 250 will work well with the Sena).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back