Shure Black Foam Sleeves with Soundmagic PL21?
Jun 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pet

New Head-Fier
Hi, can anyone tell me whether the black foam sleeves will fit on the SoundMagic pl21 nozzle?

I read somewhere that they could be modded to fit on the PL11. I used to have the PL11, and the nozzle was quite a bit bigger than the pl21's.

Also, can anyone tell me which comply tips will fit? They don't have SoundMagic on the drop-down box on their website.

The reason i'm asking is because the foam tips that came with my PL21s have started coming off in my ears.. have to get them out with tweezers, not good
blink.gif

Peter

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 3
They definitely won't fit unless you stretch out the inner core. Needle-nose pliers or a thin round paintbrush should do the trick but expect to spend a few minutes and expend some energy doing it - Olives are pretty resilient.

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
They definitely won't fit unless you stretch out the inner core. Needle-nose pliers or a thin round paintbrush should do the trick but expect to spend a few minutes and expend some energy doing it - Olives are pretty resilient.

Okay, maybe the foam sleeves arent such a good idea. What about comply tips then?

EDIT:
I went ahead and bought the Olives, but my PL21s were stolen before the olives arrived. I had an old 'fake' eBay pair of Sennheiser CX300s lying around, with a much larger nozzle than the PL21s. With a little bit of stretching with pliers I managed to fit them on without too much damage done, so the olives would probably fit easily on the PL21. I decided to order a pair of Shure earphones anyway in replacement for my stolen SoundMagics, but these CX300s will be fine until they arrive - loving the Black Foam Sleeves.

One thing i did notice though was the size- I bought small tips, but they are much, much larger than the small rubber tips you get bundled with earphones, and the small foam tips that came with my SoundMagics. They only just fit in my ears.

Peter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back