Shure AONIC 50 -
Aug 28, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #1,157 of 1,309
Anyone know if these are better than the massdrop Panda?

Just regarding sound quality.
They are better SQ than the panda. Panda are very overrated and have a pretty dry boring sound. Wasn't a fan. The Shure however beat the XM4, the Lagoons, the new vmoda ANC (which are terrible), AKG, panda, and airpod max (I purchased all to compare). I have the yamaha e700 on the way and will compare when they arrive next week, but the Shure punch above their weight

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,158 of 1,309
They are better SQ than the panda. Panda are very overrated and have a pretty dry boring sound. Wasn't a fan. The Shure however beat the XM4, the Lagoons, the new vmoda ANC (which are terrible), AKG, panda, and airpod max (I purchased all to compare). I have the yamaha e700 on the way and will compare when they arrive next week, but the Shure punch above their weight
No, they are not better than the AirPods max! Actually the AirPods max are miles ahead in SQ, materials, comfort, everything! Listen again cause your comparisons are not accurate.

Aug 28, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #1,159 of 1,309
Haven't heard Panda but this is one of the best Sq wireless headphone.. it can even be compared to full size wired CANS for some genre... has great sound imaging and detail for wireless closed CAN...

only wish is earpad could be a little better.. its comfortable just makes ear get too hot.... and haven't been able to find any 3rd party earpad...

Airpod max on non apple device can sound ordinary....but on Apple device, max had better SQ....

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #1,162 of 1,309
Sep 28, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,163 of 1,309
Would some owners mind rating this headphones sonical capabilities (musicality/rythm/timbre, "lushness", imaging, detail retrieval, etc.) in the following thread I just created? How good is it sonically compared to some well known wired headphones? Maybe even considered when used wired (analogue and/or usb) since it seems to be quite capable compared to other wireless headphones used in wired mode...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cla...udio-quality-against-wired-headphones.959929/

I am having a really hard time interpreting "good sounding" in the wireless headphone world, so a classification in a range of generally well known wired headphones would help me - and maybe others - a lot!

Thanks in advance!

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #1,164 of 1,309
Would some owners mind rating this headphones sonical capabilities (musicality/rythm/timbre, "lushness", imaging, detail retrieval, etc.) in the following thread I just created? How good is it sonically compared to some well known wired headphones? Maybe even considered when used wired (analogue and/or usb) since it seems to be quite capable compared to other wireless headphones used in wired mode...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cla...udio-quality-against-wired-headphones.959929/

I am having a really hard time interpreting "good sounding" in the wireless headphone world, so a classification in a range of generally well known wired headphones would help me - and maybe others - a lot!

Thanks in advance!
In a sentence, none of the wireless noise cancelling headphones at the $350 and below price point, had measured up to wired headphones at the same price, or slightly lower. I had returned my AONIC 50's, and had gotten Shure SRH-1540s ($500 MSRP). Those are a clear step up. I had noticed the bigger soundstage, first (though still short of the Audeze LCD3s I had before). I would put the AONIC 50s only slightly ahead of their Bose and Sony counterparts at similar price points, for serious listening. I had gotten Sony WM1000-XM4s (for the noise cancelling when I was living in noisy area, and not audio). I had Bose QC 35 IIs before that.

I use Chinese IEMs for serious listening in hotels and apartments. Their resolution blows the $499 MSRP SRH-1540s out of the water. They're close to the $1500 Focal Clears I used to have.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,168 of 1,309
Anyone else experiencing unusually long charging times? Are they too sensitive to the electricity provided?

When connected to a Samsung fast charger they weren't charging at all whereas now connected to my laptop's USB port they have gone up a mere 18% in 1.5hr...

Should I try something to see if they have developed a fault? I'm still within the 1yr warranty (for a little longer)

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #1,169 of 1,309
Anyone else experiencing unusually long charging times? Are they too sensitive to the electricity provided?

When connected to a Samsung fast charger they weren't charging at all whereas now connected to my laptop's USB port they have gone up a mere 18% in 1.5hr...

Should I try something to see if they have developed a fault? I'm still within the 1yr warranty (for a little longer)
Sorry to ask an obvious question, but have you tried a different cable?

Issues you describe sound like a bad cable.

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #1,170 of 1,309
Not trying to argue but just wanted to know if you have tested it yourself?

Headphone/earphone cable definitely makes huge difference in sound in my experience, this difference is bigger when you are using more sensitive gears but you will notice the difference definitely.

Have had few headphone, IEM and have tested few cables and they definitely makes huge difference in what cable you use. Copper, Pure Silver, Silver plated, or if it is solid core or Litz cable.

I have not tested with A50 and will probably won't get any cable, only bought this headphone for the online meeting connected via Wireless and to replace my Galaxy Bud Live.
Can anyone, who’s had this experience with this, chime in on the third party cables for the A50? Would really appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
"Headphone/earphone cable definitely makes huge difference in sound in my experience," Affirmation bias, is strong, in my experience (people using a copper cable imagine that it gives a warm signature to the music, and non fatiguing highs). Have you ever had someone switch between two different cables for you, using industry standard A/B/X methods, where you didn't know which one was in use, at any given time? If so, could you tell any two of them apart, then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back