Shure AONIC 50 -
Oct 27, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1,171 of 1,309
Very happy with the recent firmware upgrade, adding permanent EQ! Having taped-off the front grills they are now tough to beat with both superb wired and wireless SQ, on the road (even very windy!), or connected wired to my PS5 controller and/or Switch. With the EQ I just added bass (80Hz low-pass, 10dB, 2 octaves), which I am still busy evaluating.

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,172 of 1,309
Hey all,

Love my aonic50. Bought a bu ch and this kills them all-- new v moda, apple airpod max, lagoon, xm4, and several others. Is there anything better sounding that would also work at the gym? Using the Sony in ear at the gym and while they are best in class, I do enjoy the bigger sound of over ears. Is momentum better? B and O h95?

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,173 of 1,309
Very happy with the recent firmware upgrade, adding permanent EQ! Having taped-off the front grills they are now tough to beat with both superb wired and wireless SQ, on the road (even very windy!), or connected wired to my PS5 controller and/or Switch. With the EQ I just added bass (80Hz low-pass, 10dB, 2 octaves), which I am still busy evaluating.

Why did you tape of the front grills? Less wind noise when using ANC?

About the firmware update:
It is nice that we can now set the equalizer permanently, however it only works when ANC is on normal and the sound is still not the same on ANC Max compared to Normal or Off.

Additionally, I've been using mine for about a year now and the ear cups need to be replaced because the pleather is coming loos on both of them.
Luckily they get replaced under warranty because they are IMO quite expensive.

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,175 of 1,309
Does anybody know if these will work with MS Teams with or without cable? (Using PC with Windows). Thank you.

They'll work both plugged in and unplugged, even tho you'll likely notice a small delay when using Bluetooth.

But the most problematic aspect will be the mic quality, especially over bluetooth, so I hope you got an external mic.

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,177 of 1,309
Why did you tape of the front grills? Less wind noise when using ANC?

About the firmware update:
It is nice that we can now set the equalizer permanently, however it only works when ANC is on normal and the sound is still not the same on ANC Max compared to Normal or Off.
I never use ANC, though I might during plane travel. Without ANC, taping the grills improves passive wind noise reduction greatly.

The equalizer works with ANC off, which (together with wired) is clearly the best way to use the Aonics. The ANC is sub-par compared to some of the competition, the SQ without is clearly a step up from most imo.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,178 of 1,309
Is it possible for you to share a picture of how you've taped-off the front grills? I'm not fully understanding how you did this.

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #1,179 of 1,309
Nov 27, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,180 of 1,309
Hi has anyone tried out Dekoni earpad yet?

US $60, quiet dear and wanted to see if anyone has tried it out yet... this might help to reduce heat issue with the headphone.....

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/choice-suede-for-philips-fidelio-x2hr-headphones/

Thanks.
Wrong link. They have faux leather and microfiber/faux suede versions, both for $59.99. I just ordered the latter to try.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...pads-for-shure-aonic-anc-wireless-headphones/
https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...pads-for-shure-aonic-anc-wireless-headphones/

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,181 of 1,309
Dec 2, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #1,182 of 1,309
Anyone else experiencing unusually long charging times? Are they too sensitive to the electricity provided?

When connected to a Samsung fast charger they weren't charging at all whereas now connected to my laptop's USB port they have gone up a mere 18% in 1.5hr...

Should I try something to see if they have developed a fault? I'm still within the 1yr warranty (for a little longer)
Hi there.

Did you manage to resolve charging issues?

I use a Samsung fast charger (but 3 years old) with no issues.

And I think it's a 2 year warranty from Shure? (As long as they are bought from an authorised/official seller.)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,183 of 1,309
Is it possible for you to share a picture of how you've taped-off the front grills? I'm not fully understanding how you did this.
I just took a white paper sticker from a sheet with rectangle stickers, and cut it to size (still on the sheet). I think I managed 2 a piece. I used those on my white Aonics, and used a black permanent marker to paint/taint another set for my brown Aonics. The marker tainted paper stickers are somewhat less conspicuous than most black (shiny) stickers would be. I can post a picture if needed, but I just cut the stickers to comfortably fit the many-holed front grills on both ear-pieces.

Dec 11, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #1,185 of 1,309
Do you guys think Shure will launch a gen 2 any time soon? :)
What would you like to see in a gen 2?

I can't think of much Shure could do really. They already sound great and are super comfy. Guess the noise cancelling could be improved (moot point for me, I don't really use it), maybe longer battery life? Allow EQ with LDAC?

Edit: actually, if Shure could implement some kind of folding mechanism, I'd be interested. Making these more portable would be awesome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back