Shure AONIC 50 -
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #1,141 of 1,309
If you go through the thread there were a couple of analog cables recommended, and I posted a related note about an adapter that will fit. The problem is finding a cable maker that has a connector that will go into the small recess on the earpiece. I can't say anything about the sound quality of the Oidio vs the Amazon cable I have because I have not done comparisons and almost never use the analog cable (or the USB-C cable).

From your experience is there a sizable difference in SQ between the stock cable and the Oidio cable? Can you describe the change in sound rendition between both? Thanks.

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,142 of 1,309
I can't really report any differences because the stock cable is in another location, other than my recollection that the bass was better defined. The stock cable is really thin and far more fragile and more likely to be knotted up than the replacement.

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #1,143 of 1,309
Two of the simplist way to chracterize this headphone. Analytical fatiguing and lacking bass. It feels stressful listening to this. I cannot enjoy listening to music with such sound.

Probably cause hearing damage from prolonged listening.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,144 of 1,309
Two of the simplist way to chracterize this headphone. Analytical fatiguing and lacking bass. It feels stressful listening to this. I cannot enjoy listening to music with such sound.

Probably cause hearing damage from prolonged listening.

This does not even remotely reflect my own experience with the Aonic 50, which I found to be very resolving yet smooth. While it’s not bass-heavy, it has well defined bass.
I enjoyed my time with the Aonic 50 a lot. Only sold it because I simply have too many headphones and it did not fit any specific koche better than my other models.

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #1,146 of 1,309
This does not even remotely reflect my own experience with the Aonic 50, which I found to be very resolving yet smooth. While it’s not bass-heavy, it has well defined bass.
I enjoyed my time with the Aonic 50 a lot. Only sold it because I simply have too many headphones and it did not fit any specific koche better than my other models.
X2

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,147 of 1,309

Yes, I love the linearity in these. Everything is there and it’s balanced. Sad you had to sell yours. They’re at a great price now.

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,148 of 1,309
And you base this groundless guesswork on what, Dr. Audio?

Been using them daily for over a year. No hearing damage (no new damage anyway, my tinnitus predates the Aonics by 2 years).

I guess he meant he can’t appreciate these because of the existing ear damage he already has. It doesn’t seem he’s implying the A50’s gave him the damage.

Anyway, to each his own. Some people prefer the XM4 over these. I can’t understand it. You may not too.

Like in fine wine, taste is one thing, someone’s perception or interpretation is another and empiric fact is another. You may not like this headphone, you may not appreciate what you hear but you cannot deny that... at this price point, for a first round wireless implementation for the brand, this is a fine piece of kit which has given me many hours of listening pleasure and will continue to do so.

There are much better headphones than these and many people here have extensive experience with dozens of different headphones. Some will encounter a 400€ Bluetooth wireless headphone and comparing them to their HD650 or their HS-1 they’re not worth it. I’m not a kid, I’ve had my share of cans over the years, I too have tinnitus since 2014 but I can empirically appreciate the quality implementation these cans have received. As for personal taste, I love them. Everyone else’s mileage may vary.

Resolving, linear, dynamic, accurate, musical... a delight.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #1,149 of 1,309
I recently ”rediscovered” mine again because we’re back to working at the office.
I’m having a lot of fun with these again :).
However I understand why some people might not like them and find them to analytical but this is exactly why I’m enjoying them.

It’s a shame that Shure still haven’t fixed the strange issue that they change their sound when you go from ANC off to ANC max.
I really like how they sound with ANC off.

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #1,150 of 1,309
I am usually an IEM person but after debating between the PX7 and Aonic 50, I just picked this up for an upcoming trip because the last year and half of constant calls with TWS (4-5 hours per day + 3-4 hours of music) has started giving me pain in my ears. This will accompany me as well as some TWS on my next flight. My initial reaction was that the Aonic 50 reminds me of my SRH840s (which finally fell apart a few years ago so just based on memory) but a little more flat sounding and not as "fun" as I remember. I am pretty happy with it although I do wish they provided a more travel friendly case. Luckily I found this one (a bit snug but seems to work):

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MY2V...abc_5D8R56NMZGW4NX8G3P0B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It also came with the little pouch that my Qudelix 5K is on top of in the attached pictures, which was a nice surprise.

In the case (as pictured): Aonic 50, IFI IEMatch, Qudelix 5K, USB C to 3.5mm cable for B&W PI7 (not pictured but will also be making the trip), Shure SE846 and Dragonfly Cobalt with USB C Dragonfail adapter (in SE846 case).

Attachments

• 20210718_174437.jpg
    20210718_174437.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210718_174510_HDR.jpg
    20210718_174510_HDR.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210718_174733_HDR.jpg
    20210718_174733_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #1,151 of 1,309
Hello all. I'm considering joining the SA50 club, but am unable to audition prior to purchase.

I was wondering if anybody who owns the Shure also has the Audio Technica MSR7B and could comment how the sound compares to the SA50 please? They're my yardstick so hoping someone can help!

I currently have the AKG N700NCM2 as my Bluetooth over-ears but find them a little uncomfortable. Any thoughts how they'd compare too sound-wise?

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #1,152 of 1,309
Wish I could talk about the AT's and the Shure's. I came over to ask if anyone else has had the right speaker cut out when they lay on their side to listen to the TV/music in BT mode?? I stopped using them in bed because of this and I really need a BT headset for late night listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back