Shure AONIC 50 -
Jun 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #106 of 1,309
Hi! I noticed the "rattling" noise too. It's basically distortion, and it seems to occur only on LDAC codec. No issue with SBC and AAC. I couldn't test aptX because by default all my phones selected the highest HD codec which is LDAC. I had to manually unselect "HD Audio" under the Bluetooth option to get awesome sound.

BTW, here's my unboxing video for your enjoyment.

Ouch, bummer.

Got mine, 30 minutes in. No LDAC problems so far. OnePlus 7 Pro with UAPP, and loving it. Much to my surprise LDAC Optimised seems to stick too, although I hear no difference from Adaptive (56 years old).

Will post more after more testing if anyone's interested. Not much BT over ear experience, but these already blow my son's XM3s outta the water👌

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #107 of 1,309
Hi! I noticed the "rattling" noise too. It's basically distortion, and it seems to occur only on LDAC codec. No issue with SBC and AAC. I couldn't test aptX because by default all my phones selected the highest HD codec which is LDAC. I had to manually unselect "HD Audio" under the Bluetooth option to get awesome sound.

No problem with aptX (I testing aptX with my MacBook Pro).

Jun 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #108 of 1,309
Hi folks, has anyone been able to pit the Aonic 50 against the Mobius? I'm in the hunt for a wireless ANC headphone, and these 2 are at the top of the pile. I've heard the Mobius, and I like its sound, but I'm wondering if Shure's first foray into the realm of wireless headphones is a good-enough attempt to challenge Audeze's wireless champ. Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #109 of 1,309
I got the AONIC 50 for 3 days now. I enjoy the sound quality. I'll write up my review later. Right now, I have this issue with sound glitch.

Issue 1:

After I turn on the headphones, and start playing music, there is a glitch (where the sound stops and starts for fraction of second). This occurs at 14-15 seconds after the “Power on… Connected” message ends.

If I wait after 15 second to start playing music, I won’t hear this glitch.

This is quite repeatable. This occurs more than 50% of time. This has happened to all devices I have (iPhone, 2 different iPads, 2 different MacBookPro).

Because it occurs so often, I used a timer and it is always at 14-15 second mark.

There was 1 instances that at 14-15 second mark, even though I’m playing music already, I heard the message “Connected” again. So I thought it might have to do with headphone trying to pair with 2nd device. So I did trial and error of connecting to 1 vs 2 devices. But I can almost always (>50%) produce this issue, regardless if only 1 or 2 devices are paired.

I want to check if this is design issue or issue with my particular unit. Do you guys have this problem?

Issue 2:

This 2nd issue occurs rarely. I get this same glitch (where the sound stops and starts for fraction of second) intermittently. Sometimes it is just a single glitch. At first, I thought it has to do CPU load and my music player (Spotify) glitched.

Then, there were 2 instances where glitch kept on occurring every minute or so. Once on my MacBookPro and once on my iPhone.

First time, I think I just power off/on and it went away.

Second time, it occurred after I noticed issue #1. So I tried to to do some trouble shooting. I believe the issue stopped when I unpaired 2nd device. But this occurrence is so low, I don’t know if the root cause is indeed the 2nd paired device.

Any suggestions or idea what is going on? I'm debating if I should exchange this unit. But then I have to go thru the hassle of return shipment.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #110 of 1,309

BTW, here's my unboxing video for your enjoyment.

Found the culprit. It's the Poweramp music app advanced audio output plugin setting that causes the glitch. The app offers several output plugins like OpenSL ES Output, Java based output (default) and Hi-Res Output.

After I restored to defaults, the LDAC sounded very clean now. All's well. Now back to intense auditioning before I pen my review!

Edit: 20 June. The above fix didn't work. The distortion is still there. Sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #111 of 1,309
Got my Aonic 50’s today. Have been listening to them for maybe 2 hours now.
Must say: pretty impressed with the sound. Awesome seperation between instruments and the vocals... those are so nice. Love it.

I do have things that I find “odd”.
Do you also hear a static noise with ANC on, on Max, with no music playing (in Normal the static noise disappears)? I do remember when trying the XM3’s I felt pressure on my ears with ANC on, that’s not it with the A50’s.

Also, sometimes it feels like the ANC doesn’t “work”. It feels like it cancels sounds better in the neutral mode.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #113 of 1,309
1 question please if someone of the owners can check it for me . Can you connect them and work them without the app installed ?
Oh and a second one ..do they have moultipair ? My senhhesier momentum 2 I conect them to my phone and my dap M11 at the same time ..and from the settings I put the connection to my phone only for phone calls and the connection on my dap for media . So when I listen to music and my phone rings the headphones stop the music play and ring so that I can take the call

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #114 of 1,309
I got the AONIC 50 for 3 days now. I enjoy the sound quality. I'll write up my review later. Right now, I have this issue with sound glitch.

Issue 1:

After I turn on the headphones, and start playing music, there is a glitch (where the sound stops and starts for fraction of second). This occurs at 14-15 seconds after the “Power on… Connected” message ends.

If I wait after 15 second to start playing music, I won’t hear this glitch.

This is quite repeatable. This occurs more than 50% of time. This has happened to all devices I have (iPhone, 2 different iPads, 2 different MacBookPro).

Because it occurs so often, I used a timer and it is always at 14-15 second mark.

There was 1 instances that at 14-15 second mark, even though I’m playing music already, I heard the message “Connected” again. So I thought it might have to do with headphone trying to pair with 2nd device. So I did trial and error of connecting to 1 vs 2 devices. But I can almost always (>50%) produce this issue, regardless if only 1 or 2 devices are paired.

I want to check if this is design issue or issue with my particular unit. Do you guys have this problem?

Issue 2:

This 2nd issue occurs rarely. I get this same glitch (where the sound stops and starts for fraction of second) intermittently. Sometimes it is just a single glitch. At first, I thought it has to do CPU load and my music player (Spotify) glitched.

Then, there were 2 instances where glitch kept on occurring every minute or so. Once on my MacBookPro and once on my iPhone.

First time, I think I just power off/on and it went away.

Second time, it occurred after I noticed issue #1. So I tried to to do some trouble shooting. I believe the issue stopped when I unpaired 2nd device. But this occurrence is so low, I don’t know if the root cause is indeed the 2nd paired device.

Any suggestions or idea what is going on? I'm debating if I should exchange this unit. But then I have to go thru the hassle of return shipment.
Just now I also noticed that first issue you mention.
Didn't try to reproduce the issue yet, but it looks like an "getting to connection right" issue in that first few second of the connection.

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #115 of 1,309
1 question please if someone of the owners can check it for me . Can you connect them and work them without the app installed ?
Oh and a second one ..do they have moultipair ? My senhhesier momentum 2 I conect them to my phone and my dap M11 at the same time ..and from the settings I put the connection to my phone only for phone calls and the connection on my dap for media . So when I listen to music and my phone rings the headphones stop the music play and ring so that I can take the call

You don't need the application to just use the headphone, it's a normal Bluetooth device after all.
i think I read somewhere in this thread that this kind of connections to 2 devices does work, but i didn't check that. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #116 of 1,309
You don't need the application to just use the headphone, it's a normal Bluetooth device after all.
i think I read somewhere in this thread that this kind of connections to 2 devices does work, but i didn't check that. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.
I ask because somewhere I read that to conect to your phone you need the app . A guy wrote it don't remember where that he couldn't pair to the Bluetooth of his phone until he did the pairing through the app

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #118 of 1,309
that was me xd. it was really weird and had to replace my pair anyways. new one should arrive on tuesday.
the app enables u to set anc and environmental settings and install firmware updates.
Sadly as the app is important I can not buy them ...and that's because the app works with Android 8 and above and my fiio M11 dap has Android 7 installed ..the app is not in the play store and when I tried to sideload it via APK file it didn't install .... Ggrrrr and I love Shure so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back