Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 493

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Today in Tokyo, Shure is officially unveiling the Shure SRH1540 closed headphone, and its in​
this episode of Head-Fi TV.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Shure SRH1540 over-ear headphone
  2. Shure E5 in-ear monitor
  3. Shure SE846 in-ear monitor
  4. Shure SE425 in-ear monitor
  5. Shure SE535 in-ear monitor
  6. Shure SRH240 over-ear headphone
  7. Shure SRH440 over-ear headphone
  8. Shure SRH840 over-ear headphone
  9. Shure SRH940 over-ear headphone
  10. Shure SRH1440 over-ear headphone
  11. Shure SRH1840 over-ear headphone

Shure SRH1540 - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 493
new over ear from sure hmmm, i saw so many sell there 800 and 900, hope this one be as good as other headphones in the same price range 

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 493
Updated CLOSED headphone at last!!!!

Shure Fan here!
Haven't seen the vid (I'm at work) but hopefully Shure found the balance between the SRH940 and SRH1840 with this one!

Color me interested!
(Must buy for me day one! :wink:).

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 493
Wow, I'm going to HAVE to buy these! Completely out of the blue 
biggrin.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 493
Someday I bet aircraft will be advertised with headphone grade aluminum.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 493
It's explained in the video

but i cant watch the video so could u explain it please <3

also my modded 840 was impressive... hope this is on the same lvl as my w1000x (which surpassed the 840)

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 493
I'd love to get my hands on these. Always interested in closed headphones that AREN'T using leather/pleather. The alcantara pads look so yummy... and a warm bass with linear mids to highs... YES PLEASE.

All I'm used to as far as closed headphones with non-pleather/leather pads are the Ultrasone Pro 900, and the Beyerdynamic DT770s both which don't exactly suit my taste. The T70 didn't pique my interest, and the Momentum on-ear is...on ear, which isn't ideal to me, and supposedly sounds worse than the regular Momentum which sounded really great but had leather pads which is not my thing.

So here's hoping I have a chance to hear these at some point, and possibly review.

Comfort is always top priority for me, and these look like they'd definitely be favorable over every other closed headphone for me.

I'm also wondering if those pads fit the 1840 with no problems, and if it does, would it maybe warm up the 1840's sound and add bass?

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 493
I'd love to get my hands on these. Always interested in closed headphones that AREN'T using leather/pleather. The alcantara pads look so yummy... and a warm bass with linear mids to highs... YES PLEASE.

All I'm used to as far as closed headphones with non-pleather/leather pads are the Ultrasone Pro 900, and the Beyerdynamic DT770s both which don't exactly suit my taste. The T70 didn't pique my interest, and the Momentum on-ear is...on ear, which isn't ideal to me, and supposedly sounds worse than the regular Momentum which sounded really great but had leather pads which is not my thing.

So here's hoping I have a chance to hear these at some point, and possibly review.

Comfort is always top priority for me, and these look like they'd definitely be favorable over every other closed headphone for me.

I'm also wondering if those pads fit the 1840 with no problems, and if it does, would it maybe warm up the 1840's sound and add bass?

lol you'r not a big fan of closed cans are you... I like my w1000x and that's abou tit :/ but te w1000x has a great sound stage and imaging with a nice sense of intimacy when called for due to it's well closed nature... so these might have potenital as well 

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #15 of 493
i made no headway with w1000x..hope this SHURE will hit a home run finally...n not add to the list below..
So far each model seem to have a certain "weakness" somewhere, no bass, too hot, too bright...thin wires..weak hinges..watelse..too expensive? 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back