Shure 750DJ vs. Sennheiser HD280 Pro
May 4, 2010 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Grasberger

New Head-Fier
Can anyone help me out here? I'm stuck between the Shure 750DJ's and the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. The 750DJ's have better specs but the HD280's are better respected. I'm definitely looking for a lot of bass for stuff like dubstep but I do need decent mids and highs because I'll be listening to other stuff too. The $50 difference causes me to lean more to the HD280's but I'm not sure I'll be as satisfied if I were to just save up for the 750DJ's. Any insight?

May 4, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 11
hands down 750 djs

they are among a very special group called "we do it all very well"

the pads are stiff at first but you come to realize soon they the lack of clamp force makes them comfy, the bass is prime and top notch, the best bass experience out of the shure lineup. They are great in every way and lack absolutely nothing IMO

May 4, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 11
Same with swbf2cheater. I vote 750dj.
I have both at the moment and the 750 is just mind blowing. The low end is to kill for. The highs are not sibilant and non-fatiguing. It has this kind of depth to the sound that's bizarre coming from a closed DJ can. I really like 'em. The one thing that boggles the mind is the light isolation this DJ can has. The 280 isolates way way better than the 750. Even the 181dj has better isolation.

May 5, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks! I think I'll definitely be picking up the 750DJ's and if anything isn't right then I can always return them. That's disappointing about the isolation too... I'll live though.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 11
Go for the 750 DJ. Durable or not it depends on how you treat them . None of my cans have any durable issue(s)  so far.

My Pio A35R integrated sounds better with the high impedance cans ( HD 280) so it's not fair for me to say the HD 280 is any better or lesser than the 750 DJ. 

I like both of them but if you need a bit more on the LF,and smoother HF , the 750 DJ  ( 32 Ohm) is something to consider. 

The 750 DJ head band is nothing to brag about, just to let you know.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 11
On the second thought after few days toying with the 750 DJ , I will not recommend them without a warning of its extreme discomfort on the lower part of my earlobes. I am talking about pain.Yes, it hurts bad after 1/2 hour of listening. So keep that in mind when making your decision.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 11
750dj hands down. the bass is amazing, but i found it to have to much bass so i returned them. but comfort wise they weren't as bad as some people claim them to be. but everyone's ears are different. i settled on the shure srh840 as its more neutral.

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Try to get them used, that way you wont have to burn them in and also save a lot of money. I think used ones should go for under 100$ pair. But yeah a fair bit of warning these things get really uncomfortable to wear especially if you have an above average head. Also you can always go for the M50 which are highly respected here and also if possible try getting your hands on a pair of Denon AHD1100, they have amazing bass and are pretty comfortable but they dont fold.

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
750dj hands down. the bass is amazing, but i found it to have to much bass so i returned them. but comfort wise they weren't as bad as some people claim them to be. but everyone's ears are different. i settled on the shure srh840 as its more neutral.

Such a cry baby I am ! I was abt to return the 750 DJ but I found out that if I extend both side of the ear cups more than I need then the discomfort of the presssure on my earlobes pretty much gone. They don't fit tight on my head as I want them to but now I can listen to the music without pain on the ears. A bit compromise won't break a deal to keep them .

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #11 of 11
I really like my HD280.  Here's a write-up I did.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546464/the-legendary-sony-mdr-v6-vs-sennheiser-hd-280-pro-under-100-pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back