Shure 420 Left monitor doesnt work right
Sep 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

garmaiz

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I am writing to see if I can get help. The problem that I am having is that the left monitor on my Shure se420 only works when you hold it in a certain way (like forcing the cable downwards from the plug). When it is straight it doesnt work, when you hold it down from the plug it works fine... There is any way to fix this? The phones are out of warranty, so going to shure is not an option...

Thanks

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like a bad or loose connection to me. I think you'd either have to send it in for repairs or, if you have the stomach for it, open the thing up and resolder the connection.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 5
i think is something on the cable... maybe I didnt explain myself well... to hear from both monitors I connect the plug to the source. Once connected, then I have to hold it down (the cable that come out of the plug....). If its repairable... anybody here is available for this job? or this is an easy job that a novice like me can do it? thanks again

Sep 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 5
could be a problem with the cable in your plug, or a bad connection in the headphone out in your amp, what sort of amp are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back