Shure 215 vs 535 (Limited Edition)
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #46 of 63

This.  I bought the SE215, ER-4PT, SE425, UE900 before breaking down, spending big money, and getting the SE846.  Wish I would have just went straight there to begin with, but the journey has definitely been fun!  Whatever you decide DerStig, have fun, and welcome to this strange addiction.

agreed... I probably accumulated many thousand of dollars(shhhh...) worth of IEM and full size... it definitely has been a dried wallet fun...

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #47 of 63
My advice Der Steg is to delete your Head-Fi account and enjoy you new IEMs and forget you have ever heard of this website. I swore I was done with my purchase of the SE535. Two silver cables, the RSA Protector and now the 846 and I pray I stop searching but...

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #48 of 63
I think $549 is as much as I want to spend on a IEM (it's a ridiculous amount of money for me for a headphone!). I just don't see myself ever spending $1,000 for it. That's probably something that'll cost me 10x more when my wife files for divorce and I have to pay lawyer fees!:)

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #50 of 63
My advice Der Steg is to delete your Head-Fi account and enjoy you new IEMs and forget you have ever heard of this website. I swore I was done with my purchase of the SE535. Two silver cables, the RSA Protector and now the 846 and I pray I stop searching but...

I kind of want to try some full silver cables.  Compare them to how my hybrids sound.  And RSA amps are for sure the way to go, but you have me convinced I should be getting rid of my shadow for a protector now! Damn it, haha.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #52 of 63
I am an attorney I will represent you pro bono. Our defense will be "headphone addiction" a variant of the Twinkie defense (irresistible impulse).

"But officer, he told me it sounded like enlightenment. How could I resist? What would Buddha do? What would Buddha say? He would say "Go forth, go forth and become enlightened." So really I was just doing Buddha's will, you see.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #53 of 63
"But officer, he told me it sounded like enlightenment. How could I resist? What would Buddha do? What would Buddha say? He would say "Go forth, go forth and become enlightened." So really I was just doing Buddha's will, you see.

I like it. The Indian variant of the Twinkie defense.

Seriously delete your account and get ye gone. You stay and it will be as Dante said about hell "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #54 of 63
I like it. The Indian variant of the Twinkie defense.

Seriously delete your account and get ye gone. You stay and it will be as Dante said about hell "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

Yep, I blocked myself from this site in my hosts file for a while, but then I came back and now I have the GR07 again and the Brainwavz Deltas whenever they ship. Now I'll have the UM Pro 30's soon (but I won those!)

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #55 of 63
I kind of want to try some full silver cables.  Compare them to how my hybrids sound.  And RSA amps are for sure the way to go, but you have me convinced I should be getting rid of my shadow for a protector now! Damn it, haha.

You may also look at the RSA Intruder. Also balanced and includes a DAC. Ask M Coupe that is his portable rig. As for cables both of us swear by Ted Allen at Headphone Lounge.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #56 of 63
You may also look at the RSA Intruder. Also balanced and includes a DAC. Ask M Coupe that is his portable rig. As for cables both of us swear by Ted Allen at Headphone Lounge.

I have a couple Forza cables, and am very happy with them.  That being said, I don't know if he offers a balanced cable, so if I decide to try that route, I'll look up Ted.  Thanks.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #57 of 63
Yep, I blocked myself from this site in my hosts file for a while, but then I came back and now I have the GR07 again and the Brainwavz Deltas whenever they ship. Now I'll have the UM Pro 30's soon (but I won those!)

Give me hope that there is cure. How long did you stay away from Head-Fi?

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #59 of 63
I honestly think the SE215 Special Edition would be a really good choice. It's entry level priced, so it's not ridiculous for a beginner to hop in. It's got basshead (read: average people) level bass that is also really high quality, but surprisingly the treble and mids are still quite nice. For a basshead IEM at around $100, it's quite honestly amazingly articulate to my ears. Read my review if you want my opinion in more detail ( http://www.head-fi.org/products/shure-se215-special-edition/reviews/9610 ) but I think they're fantastic.

I also think that starting more humbly and working your way up is the way to go. I really don't recommend going straight to high end, you won't appreciate it properly and you miss out on the fun journey of moving up the sound quality ladder. It's really not THAT costly a journey if you buy used and sell your things as you move up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back