Shozy Zero IEMs
Nov 23, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,396 of 1,545
Hi Zero Gang,

Couple of quick questions - apologies if they have already been asked, I got about half way through this thread and didn't find the answers I was after.

I'm buying a couple of pairs as gifts for family, I will pre-burn for them. 
I'd like to get them some alternative tips as well - I was thinking foam (comply) and maybe the double flange ear tips.

Question one: what's the diameter of the nozzle? I'd seen it around but cannot track down the information anymore!

Question two: Has anyone found that either of these options makes a good (or bad) pairing with the Zeros?

Big thanks in advance!

I actually found that the stock tips provide the best synergy with the sound, they're also pretty comfy. Comply T400's will fit snugly on the nozzle. Sony hybrids and spinfits are too small, the JVC spiral dots sound a bit congested. I Haven't tried dual flanges, they should be not it less similar to the stock tips.

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #1,398 of 1,545
The Shozy Zero i received worked really well. Until recently, the internal soldering came loose at the 3.5mm jack. Guess its time for it to rest.

It's not too hard to re-terminate an earphone, maybe give it a go since they don't work anyway. Just make sure you use a lighter on the wires before you try to solder them, just to take off the enamel coating, otherwise you won't get a proper join.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,400 of 1,545
I actually found that the stock tips provide the best synergy with the sound, they're also pretty comfy. Comply T400's will fit snugly on the nozzle. Sony hybrids and spinfits are too small, the JVC spiral dots sound a bit congested. I Haven't tried dual flanges, they should be not it less similar to the stock tips.

Sorry for my delayed response (especially since you answered my question so quickly!) - I will follow your advice and leave the stock tips in play. Just about finished a 50 hour burn for the first pair, really quite impressed with these earphones. Greatly prefer them to my Yamaha EPH100s, although there is a clear difference in the degree of resolution. For the price, they are fantastic - and stunning soundstage. Might have to buy a pair for myself at some point!

Thanks for letting me know about the tips, very much appreciated!

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #1,405 of 1,545
it is quite tough originally but then repairs happen for all brands... inbox us and we can help see how to arrange a fix for you :)

Yea I quite like how all rounded it was with the price its at. Hmm, I guess there's a charge for that? I might think of ordering a 3.5mm external and solder myself without experience.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,409 of 1,545

Just stripped the wires, anyone has any idea on their color coding?

Tip = Left = Green
Ring = Right = Red
Sleeve = Ground = Red+Gold?

Ground should just be the two copper cables, I'm assuming the white one is also a ground cable. And make sure you briefly hit the ends with a lighter to burn off the enamel, it may catch alight in which case, blow it out once it has burnt down sufficient length of the cable. Otherwise sand paper will do as well. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,410 of 1,545
Ground should just be the two copper cables, I'm assuming the white one is also a ground cable. And make sure you briefly hit the ends with a lighter to burn off the enamel, it may catch alight in which case, blow it out once it has burnt down sufficient length of the cable. Otherwise sand paper will do as well. 

Alright so I could bind the white one together with the red+gold one and connect both to ground / sleeve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back