Shozy Zero IEMs
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,336 of 1,545
  Which IEM do you think would be next level upgrade from Shozy Zero?

It would be brilliant to find one that's reasonably priced, carries smoothly balanced tonal signature, and has even more detail without fatigue.

Furthermore, this should be taking into the account of Zero's price around $60.
Therefore, the upgrade should be justifiably better for its higher price.

How about Shozy One 
popcorn.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,337 of 1,545
  Ryanjsoo, thank you for suggesting them and sharing your thoughts on their features.

However, as chompchomps mentioned, Westone UM 30 Pro costs close to $400 and almost 5x - 6x as what Shozy Zero costs.
This would mean that there are no viable upgrade from Shozy Zeros between $60 to $400 range and UM 30 Pro is justifiably better.

It would be interesting for us to find an upgrade that's in the similar sub-$100 budget like those mentioned in this thread.

have you tried the Monk+? they cost 5 bucks only and are earbuds but they have been taking the audio world by storm these days. 

For me i would be curious to venture into the hybrid category with about $60 to $100 

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,338 of 1,545
  Ryanjsoo, thank you for suggesting them and sharing your thoughts on their features.

However, as chompchomps mentioned, Westone UM 30 Pro costs close to $400 and almost 5x - 6x as what Shozy Zero costs.
This would mean that there are no viable upgrade from Shozy Zeros between $60 to $400 range and UM 30 Pro is justifiably better.

It would be interesting for us to find an upgrade that's in the similar sub-$100 budget like those mentioned in this thread.

flc8s is an upgrade to Shozy 0

have you tried the Monk+? they cost 5 bucks only and are earbuds but they have been taking the audio world by storm these days. 

For me i would be curious to venture into the hybrid category with about $60 to $100 

monk has no isolation. you cant compare earbud to iem

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,339 of 1,545
that is true. it was more of a suggestion to try for fun. no harm getting one to play around. 

have you tried the LZ-A2s?
@audio123 it seems like a compelling upgrade  

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,340 of 1,545
  that is true. it was more of a suggestion to try for fun. no harm getting one to play around. 

have you tried the LZ-A2s?
@audio123 it seems like a compelling upgrade  

i have tried the lz a2 only. i believe lz a2s will sound good as long as media file and source are good

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,343 of 1,545
Guys possible to try using the smaller stock tips (if you are using middle size, or step down to middle if you are using large) and report back your impressions ? :bigsmile_face:
details better but poor isolatiom

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,347 of 1,545
It seems like our consensus for upgrade is LZ A2S so far.
It continues with similar tonality, reasonable price (little higher than Shozy Zero at $70-80), and improved features like mic.
One of prominent reviewer, Peter123, helpfully described the difference between LZ A2S vs Shozy Zero as follows:

"Compared to the A2S the Zero’s has bit thinner presentation with less warmth. The sub-bass on the A2S dig deeper and they’ve also got a bit more mid-bass presence.  The midrange is fuller and more forward on the A2S, this combined with the greater warmth on the A2S is also the biggest difference between these two. The treble extension and quality is quite similar on both and they’re both warm and airy sounding with better depth than width and height.

I find them to be equally comfortable.
Build quality is good on both but I prefer the cable and angled connector on the A2S.
The A2S is easier to drive.
Isolation is pretty similar on both"

He wanted to finish off his thought by stating that LZ A2S will be his "go-to recommendation for anyone looking for an easy to use all-purpose IEM until something else comes along to outperform them in the future."

What do you think about this description?
Do you think it's worth to switch over?

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,348 of 1,545

They're two of my favorites. Monk+ is a warm buds with boost on mid.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,350 of 1,545
Anyone who has these also tried the jvc fx850 woodies? I'm very curious if these get you 95% of the way there since I'm close to pulling the trigger on the jvc
i have tried the jvc fx850. I feel shozy zero is 70% of it. It lacks the finishing refinement to it. Do note that FX850 is ard 4 times the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back