Shozy Zero IEMs
Jul 5, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #1,276 of 1,545
Got my Zeros today. Perhaps I expected too much and perhaps it wasn't fair to A/B with my Flare R2Pro. Oh well, at least they look nice and the bass is there. Easier to drive than R2Pro, probably because they don't need much power due to lack of detail or bass texture. No match for something like the $200 Flare R2, let alone some $500 IEMS. I admire the enthusiasm and I'll continue searching the cheap holy grail Chinese IEMs, but these ain't it.

Talking about headfonics, they rated Flares 9 for sound and 9.5 for value. http://headfonics.com/2015/05/the-r2a-and-r2pro-iems-by-flare-audio/

Yeah, it takes a lot of extra power to get details and bass. Lmao :)

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #1,277 of 1,545
Got my Zeros today. Perhaps I expected too much and perhaps it wasn't fair to A/B with my Flare R2Pro. Oh well, at least they look nice and the bass is there. Easier to drive than R2Pro, probably because they don't need much power due to lack of detail or bass texture. No match for something like the $200 Flare R2, let alone some $500 IEMS. I admire the enthusiasm and I'll continue searching the cheap holy grail Chinese IEMs, but these ain't it.

Talking about headfonics, they rated Flares 9 for sound and 9.5 for value. http://headfonics.com/2015/05/the-r2a-and-r2pro-iems-by-flare-audio/

Yeah, it takes a lot of extra power to get details and bass. Lmao :)

The zero needs a lot of power?

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #1,278 of 1,545
The zero needs a lot of power?

No, not really. Slightly more than average iirc.

In my experience there's no correlation whatsoever between how hard to drive an iem is and the amount of details and bass it can deliver :wink:

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,279 of 1,545
Guys, I was simply being sarcastic when saying that Zeros need less power as they don't have to work that hard on detail and bass texture.
Found it interesting that were easier to drive than the Flare IEMs despite their rated impedance being half of the R2Pros. As you may know, the Mojo has two audio outputs and doing A/B with both IEMs plugged in showed that clearly.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #1,280 of 1,545
@NLNH will there be an upcoming Shozy One
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back