Shozy PX-M1 portable amp tour
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

shotgunshane

Headphoneus Supremus
Rhapsodio and Charles were gracious in letting me start a USA tour for their Shozy PX-M1 portable amplifier and I have some spots available.  If you are an established and known head-fier, based in the USA and who has been on product tours before, please send me a PM with your interest. The only requirement is to post your impressions or link to them if you have blog or other web site, then mail to the next tour member.  It's not necessary to write a full review but of course that's welcome. Once I've received enough interest, I'll post the tour list here.

Tour Members:
Eke2k6
Flysweep
goodvibes
Idsynchrono_24
ardgedee
cn11

Product page: http://rhapsodio-cmw.com/?p=1542

Manufacture Specifications:
Dimensions (L * W * H): 93mm * 58mm * 13mm
Built-in 4.2V 1500mAh lithium battery
Frequency range: 10HZ-100KHZ

Signal-to-noise ratio: 105dB

Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0045%

Intermodulation Distortion: <0.0065%

Output power: Low gain 67mW; High gain 75mW (32 Ohms)

Low gain 9 mW; High gain 10mW (300 Ohms)

Battery life: 100 hours

Charging time: about 5 hours

External power supply: 5V DC

May 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 29
Some initial impressions:

Out of the box I thought it just a tad bright but after a few hours run in it seems neutral- no tip in any direction. Nice even tone.

While it isnt as resolving as the UHA-6s, it is competitive with the Ortofon MHd-q7 and Shadow that I have. Bass impact is somewhere between the Shadow and Ortofon.

It's a very nice sounding, tiny amp. It looks great and is pocketable. The volume knob should be fine in a pocket; it doesn't move too easy. There is channel imbalance at the lowest of volumes but that's below my lowest listening volume- it might be an issue for those that listen at extremely low volumes.

Thumbs up so far. I like it with my TG334- plus a manufacturer rated 100 hour battery life! I'll keep it through Canlanta this weekend, then send it off to Eke.

Still taking requests to be on the tour.

May 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #9 of 29
No idea, haha... just wanted to post some pictures...
redface.gif

May 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 29
Sorry for the delay in updates. There is now an iem involved in the tour, the Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1, so I've been waiting on it to arrive to send them together and work life has been crazy.

This morning I've been using both the RSA Shadow and the Shoxy amp, along with a nano 6g and the RDB+ 2v1. The Shozy is a very nice sounding amp. The Shadow has just a bit more bass punch and sounds more upfront, in your face and brighter. The Shozy sounds more spacious and smoother with seemingly more forward projection. It's just as detailed as the Shadow with a more pleasing presentation, at least with the RDB+. I'll have to try the sm64 next.

Since I just received the iem, it will probably be a week or so before sending off to the first tour member, so tour order may need to be reshuffled, depending on what everyone has in house and is testing themselves at the moment.

May 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in updates. There is now an iem involved in the tour, the Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1, so I've been waiting on it to arrive to send them together and work life has been crazy.

This morning I've been using both the RSA Shadow and the Shoxy amp, along with a nano 6g and the RDB+ 2v1. The Shozy is a very nice sounding amp. The Shadow has just a bit more bass punch and sounds more upfront, in your face and brighter. The Shozy sounds more spacious and smoother with seemingly more forward projection. It's just as detailed as the Shadow with a more pleasing presentation, at least with the RDB+. I'll have to try the sm64 next.

Since I just received the iem, it will probably be a week or so before sending off to the first tour member, so tour order may need to be reshuffled, depending on what everyone has in house and is testing themselves at the moment.

i have Shozy px1, not the slim one but cheaper normal size, i find px1 pairs very well with iPod, my daughter uses this with her iTouch and loves it, as always synergies are everything here.

May 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 29
i have Shozy px1, not the slim one but cheaper normal size, i find px1 pairs very well with iPod, my daughter uses this with her iTouch and loves it, as always synergies are everything here.

I can imagine it's a good synergy- the laid back spaciousness of the Shozy (assuming it has a similar house sound) and the forwardness of iPods.

May 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 29
I did some comparisons with the pico slim today using the TG334. The pico sounded more immediate and engaging; more transparent too. The pxm1 sounded smoother more laid back. For use with the TG334, I prefer the pico slim. But with the RDB+ 2v1, which already has a somewhat forward presentation, the smooth and more laid back pxm1 sounds better.

I really like this amp. It's build is very attractive, size is very small and thin, and price is competitive. I'd place performance somewhere between the Shadow and Pico Slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back