Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Oct 9, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #136 of 241
Why too bad?

Because i won't be able to give you impressions until the full review. Thats the time when I would be sitting down and comparing them. Right now I am working on other reviews.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #137 of 241
Ok, I will waiting.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #138 of 241
@marcusd Pola39 bass signature like in CustomArt Fibae3 and mids like in Fibae7? I if yes, this maybe perfect iem for me.

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #139 of 241
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #141 of 241
Got them both in house now diving right in on the pola and it has a very expansive detailed presentation. This is just my immediate observation i haven't gotten around to the 39 yet ill keep you all posted. Right now though im digging it
20191129_0824411.jpg

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #142 of 241
Right off the bat polas have more detail and smoothness than the M1060s(fullsized planar I know but its what i got on hand) very snappy sounding

Nov 30, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #144 of 241
Switching gears to the 39 i find the fit much better than the vanilla pola. It also to me seems to have a lift in clarity and smoothness over the regular pola. It does image differently than the pola i have to A/B them some more to formulate my thoughts but so far i think it sounds dope.

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #145 of 241
My take on the Shozy Pola and Shozy Pola 39

the TLDR take is they are both amazing in their own right with the pola being the more relaxed of the two while the 39 takes the clarity and imaging up a notch. Both come with great kits but you get more with the 39 and to those who do have small ears the 39 have smaller more manageable ear pieces. Both have amazing detail and smoothness but I preferred the 39 for the added clarity and resolution. Both are very smooth and detailed

The Kit

Shozy Pola comes in a neat yet simple blue pleather case with the unit themselves greeting you as you open them in a foam insert it a very common lay out but it looks tasteful and gives you the impression it isn't your normal iem. The included cable is very nice and solid with minimal micro phonics and very comfortable with superb quality, you'd spend a pretty penny to get something better. The cylindrical connection at the 2-pin socket had me worried initially as i haven't had a unit with this style of plug before but its very solid and has a very snug fit in the socket it isnt going to come out with out significant effort. The included tips come in plenty of sizes and come with 2 pairs of foams for the review I chose my jvc spiral dots and they always fit me best without cutting the highs , but of course i recommend you use what suits you best. The polas come in this gorgeous dark wood finish that is really neat to look at and feels solid in the hands. These units have a good bit of depth to them and with stick out a bit and might not fit smaller ears.

The 39 on the other hand comes with a much larger blue case with pockets and various pamphlets and an gorgeous hand carved case when you pop this thing open you definitely feel like this isn't cheap very nice presentation and i feel a nice touch the cable is just as amazing as it is on the pola. Tips are the same fair with plenty to choose from and different tier sizes for the foam tips as well which is greatly appreciated, something i feel should be much more common place at this price point. The shells have the very beautiful gem finish on them with blue amazing shades of turquoise and light blue. The units in the one are small and smoother and should fit those with small ears better.

I used everything From R&B trance to classical Some of the many albums i used include the following

download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg
download (3).jpg
download (4).jpg

Gear used was my trusty EVGA Nu Audio with stock OP amp ADI OP275 at 24bit 192Khz

Lows: Starting off with the Pola in hits low and deep with a nice warmth that will satisfy you. Both have plenty of detail with the 39 trading some impact for a tighter faster presentation here but both units reach very deep. Neither are a bass head iem but they take EQ very well and can be taken to ludicrous levels if you wanted.
Mids: This is where there starts to be more a difference in tuning as each does it differently. The pola has a relaxed mid that is in-offensive and plays it safe but is soft for my taste. This isnt to say its recessed at all it just has a softer presentation id say speaker like if you where to try and compare it. The 39 has a lift and presents the mids in a more forward fashion that I find suits me better. The mids in the polas both have amazing amounts of detail and shouldn't disappoint anyone here but the 39s have more clarity to them.
Highs: The Pola give treble smoother than anything i have ever heard lending credit to the electrostatic tweeter it reaches skly high and never gets fatiguing to me high hats and cymbals have a shimmer and life to them that i haven't heard in an iem before and never gets harsh or over bearing. The 39s take this even further by offering a touch more energy and air giving notes more space.

Sound stage: Both units give great presentation and illusion of space with the nod going to the 39. The original Polas will wow you if you haven't heard space and separation but the tuning of the 39 gives a very airy presentation with larger spacing between notes
Imaging & Detail: Now if you got this far reading this you'd get the impression that the pola is dark but i can assure you its not. It is the darker of the two but far from dark sounding and has outstanding imaging and detail. With both units i was definitely hearing things in tracks i couldn't hear before. Lucia de lammermoor from the fifth element was notable on both giving breath and life to Inva Mula-Tchako's performance in a way i haven't heard before. The 39s however add more clarity and detail (if you can believe it) and sound completely organic in doing so. Most iems with this level of detail tend to offer a harsher or fatiguing edge that is absent on both sets. The 39s have over all more clarity and space over the polas with a touch more resolution at the slight expense of bass slam.

In the end both sets offer amazing smoothness and detail that I didn't know could come with such a smooth and non fatiguing flavor that is dangerously addictive. Both units are cut from the same cloth but I feel the efforts made by Shozy and AAW have taken the sound of the pola and refined it in the 39. If the price isn't a stretch for you id take the 39 and I cant wait to see what else Shozy and AAW cook up as they have created auditory magic , at least to me :p

Huge shout out to Ian at the source AV for making all this possible and to this amazing community. Thank you.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #146 of 241
Mids: This is where there starts to be more a difference in tuning as each does it differently. The pola has a relaxed mid that is in-offensive and plays it safe but is soft for my taste. This isnt to say its recessed at all it just has a softer presentation id say speaker

One thing that stood out to me on both sets but perhaps more so on the Pola - were the vocals. They were so velvety and smooth.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #147 of 241
One thing that stood out to me on both sets but perhaps more so on the Pola - were the vocals. They were so velvety and smooth.
I agree vocals on these iems were a dream both very smooth even on tracks not mastered well youd think the highs would be to much but i never found the treble or mids to be hot in either set even on the 39 which has a noticeable lift in both mids and treble over the original pola.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #148 of 241
I agree vocals on these iems were a dream both very smooth even on tracks not mastered well youd think the highs would be to much but i never found the treble or mids to be hot in either set even on the 39 which has a noticeable lift in both mids and treble over the original pola.

Ditto, right back to you. I enjoyed the mids very much. The 39s were very close to being my next set. With proper power they had something very special (to my ears). I actually would liked a little bit more upper-end detail but boy they were close to my ideal set.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #150 of 241
Hey guys! My review of Shozy Pola39 is up on Twister6. Pola39 is a 1DD+2EST hybrid with a very well performing dynamic driver plus a dual EST helping with a nice unique treble character. Very good sound and build quality along with premium accessories/overall package.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

Shozy Pola39 4.jpeg Shozy Pola39 5.jpeg

Attachments

• Shozy Pola39 1.jpeg
    Shozy Pola39 1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Shozy Pola39 2.jpeg
    Shozy Pola39 2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Shozy Pola39 6.jpeg
    Shozy Pola39 6.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0