Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)

Tags:
  1. audionewbi
    With the release of Pola, and the small grown fan base of Shozy owners who are scattered across all the various thread, I want to make a thread so all you guys out there can just post your impression here and make my life a lot easier.

For now here is a pretty picture of Pola, no I don't own it, if you want to buy me one I'll happy post my impressions :D
    [​IMG]
    Price: 750 USD for Universal and 900 USD for custom.

tomscy2000 likes this.
  2. NLNH
    :smile_phones::beerchug:

mochill likes this.
  3. mochill
    Love shozy, but can't afford pola:frowning2:

4. audionewbi
    I got the 5Ba, too cheap for 5 BA IEM. Going to compare it my current favourite, ACS emotion which is also 5 BA design.

5. momo8023
    :gs1000smile:

6. audionewbi
    Some unboxing pictures of 5 BA. I will post my impression in times. It is a fun sounding IEM, with an emphasis on bass, and a decent amount of treble presence. Built quality is much better than Shure SE535 and the like. I can see it sell as much as them. It fit as good as them. For 279 USD, it is a very well packaged and sounding IEM. I paid less(I always ask for discount, don't be shy).

IMG_2647.JPG IMG_2648.JPG LRG_DSC00334.JPG LRG_DSC00336.JPG LRG_DSC00337.JPG

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    PaganDL likes this.
  7. NLNH
    lol give it some run in and see how far it can stretch!

8. linux4ever
    Hopefully someone will post the initialimpressians on POLA soon. That shell color is quite good in the picture of OP.

9. HansBarbarossa
    Hi my friends!
    I have only received this charm of Shozy CP 3BA! I will, listen, study and write a response.
    If it is very short, then this neutral well balanced sounding where each sound smooth as sea pebble. I like such approach to a sound.

Some photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

audionewbi likes this.
  10. audionewbi
    The more and more I'm using 5BA the more I'm slowly its growing on me. it is the polar opposite of the ACS Emotion. I really like how it is tuned with vocal jazz recordings and classical music. Its so relaxing and the warmer tonality helps to give the classical music this nice bass reverb.

PaganDL and HansBarbarossa like this.
  11. audionewbi
    The brothers finally meet, Shozy Alien Gold and 5Ba. I replaced the stock cable with Ortofon cable, which names I can't recall. I didn't like how the cable made the upper mid sound excited and gave a slight midbass boast. This cable fixes it all, to my ears.

LRG_DSC00339.JPG

HansBarbarossa likes this.
  12. audionewbi
    Some more update about 5BA. I swapped the stock cable to 4N Oyadie silver cable, which made the sound very clean, extended to both end, and very revealing. 5BA wants clean source, CLEAN! Very picky with poor sources, and hissing. It was a no go with HUGO. Best dap so far is onkyo dpx1. The layering, detail and imaging competes with likes of SE846. Initially I had it in the same group as UM50Pro, similar toanlity, but after my cable and tip swap (tip is shure olives btw), it is not sitting firmly next to SE846.

Well done Shozy! Now bring Pola to massdrop so I can afford it.

HansBarbarossa and PaganDL like this.
  13. NLNH
    lmao probably never